Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Del Prado is looking for input from American collectors!

I don't think Jeff Silver has the input or influence anymore since it's no longer Del Prado models.

Well, I received the Amercom Pierce Quint a few days ago. It's pretty much identical to the Del Prado version except for a few minor differences. As I previously stated, the aerial is now three sections and fully extends. It also stays elevated at various heights. The mirrors are not mounted properly, they are sideways and have curved arms, but can be modified. Also, the tampos are similar, but not as crisp. This model is still a great piece, especially for the modest price and has numerous possibilities for kitbashing. I'm not sure if any retailers in the US have these Pierce Quints yet, but have seen them on eBay.

Keith

Keith,

Thanks for the update. I really didn't look at the Pierce because I already have several for jobs. But the 3 section ladder might make getting one worth it. I looked at one of them on eBay and the mirrors look like they were just installed wrong.

Also there is a GMC listed as 1/87. It is not. It is a nice model but not 1/87.

Jeff

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)