Return to Website

The Cyril Cusack discussion forum

Welcome to the discussion forum. Please post your thoughts about Cyril Cusack and his work.

The Cyril Cusack discussion forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cyril Chosack

I am doing some research on my grandfather and in his short biography left to us he names some of the movies he acted in, The man without a face and Late extra. His name is Cyril Chosack, he died in 1991 and I am confused to see that the Cyril Chosack that acted in these movies doesn't resemble my grandfather. My grandfather was involved with the theatre and wrote and acted in many productions. Can anyone shed any light on this or where can I get a copy of Late Extra or The man without a face

Re: Cyril Chosack

Did you ever get an answer?

Re: Cyril Chosack

Hi, sorry I never got back to you. I just composed a long, way-too-detailed reply that wouldn't post because it was too long and got cut off, so I lost half of what I wrote (fortunately for you, I'm sure!:wink: ), but the short answer is that the actor you're looking for lived during approximately the same span of years as the subject of this website, Cyril Cusack, and was born in South Africa, but if you look them both up on the IMDb (.com) you'll see that Cyril Chosack lived from 1916-1991 and died in South Africa, whereas Cyril Cusack was born in 1910, grew up in Ireland, and died in London in 1993. They are not the same person and, as far as I can determine, no relation to each other (OR the American acting brother and sister John and Joan Cusack). Sorry I can't help you find the films you're looking for, although a lot of rarities I found on eBay and my county library system way back in 2007 when you posted your question have been turning up on FREE movie/TV streaming services like Tubi and Pluto. Apparently, I have very "niche" taste in actors, and the reason their rarities that were so hard to find back in 2007 are now being shown for FREE on streaming services is that they faded into obscurity about five minutes after they were released!

Hope you've been able to find the films and info you were looking for! Here is Cyril Chosack's IMDb page, and his filmography lists only three films (including the two you mentioned), so apparently he did the rest of his work on the stage. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2226973