KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where's Mike Gold?

Mike Gold was an old hipster friend of mine in Matzuva whom I visited in 1970 or so. He was originally from Jo'burg SA and had settled in Matzuva for some years. Is he still there, or does anyone know what became of him?

Re: Where's Mike Gold?

In his den smoking skunk more than likely!!!!

Dear Anon,
Thanx 4 the tip, it's nice to know we're getting warm....Now! For 2 fun-filled weeks at the five star Ritz in Vegas, all expenses paid, the final sweepstakes question: Do you actually know where he's smoking the skunk, and cd. you slip a memo under the ashtray vaguely recapping what I said in the above e-mail? The point being that he remembers me and is moved by some deep-seated perversity to answer my message.

Thanks a bunch (and by the way, "Anon" was a cool choice. More anon, I hope.)

Joe O.

well joe O. i am still on matzuva, and the reason i never left was the skunk. still in the den. maybe from too much of the skunk, i can't seem to remember you.

Okay. Go back to 1967 when you were sitting in the Cafe am Theater in Heidelberg Germany and you met this straight looking american business student. You'd come to Hburg to visit 2 nurses at the 130th Station Hospital. You met them by chance again when they picked you up thumbing a ride to either Amsterdam or Paris, I forget which. So we met twice by chance on the road, once in the Cafe du Bresil on the Champs (I was carrying a clipboard, you thought that was funny) and again in the Schreierstoren youth hotel in Amsterdam. The rest is, as they say, physics and history. (Although apparently not chemistry)

P.S....Just think of me as "Joe Moore"

Hey Mike, do you remember me, formely known as Lee, I cannot believe you are still living on the Kibbutz. I am in the USof A and have been here since 73. Just recently got this site from Neville Stein. Hope to hear from you.

well, joe moore (did i tell you what the "moore" meant?). now that you mention 1967 and 2 u.s. of a. nurses, i remeber you...
what you up to?

are you the beverley from south africa?

Or are you the Beverly from Phoenix (ar) with the (then)red hair?

Hey Mike,

Yes you did say what Moore meant. Hoped that would jog yer memory. Sure took you long enough, you brain-dead old fart!

Actually I'm thru shopvacking the mary jane... I live in Thailand now, where I visit a monastery every month and practice buddhist meditation. Before that I spent 7 or 8 years writing adventure novels. Before THAT I spent 21 years in what was left of the merchant marine, shipping out.

When I get outta the monastery this time I will try setting up a website to sell my novels cheaper than on-demand. If you're interested I'll send you some free samples.

Take care, Bro, and a toast to Kerouac...

Joe

the skunks finished duded.....
send me the site of your books, and now that the mind is clear, maybe i will read one...

Er, the website never got going. Actually I''m in Amsterdam for a month and don't have the memory stick on hand so I''ll pipeline you one late feb.

So what happened, a Gazan bomb land in the skunk patch?

we met in amsterdam, and went to the fantasia and paradisio (skunkland) and if i recall, once you passed out in the snow

Snow in Amsterdam? That musta been someone else falling over onto a tray of cocaine....Remember, you met a lotta people in A'dam, we all did.

Re. a book,I can't seem to send you an e-mail attachment thru this forum so you might want to give me an e-mail address sometime if U think of it...