KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ulpan Summer '87

I was curious to see if there are any folks out there that participated in the summer/fall ulpan of 1987. I came across Max's pictures on Flickr and saw some familiar faces. I saw a picture of my kibbutz "mom", Karen (from Manchester). I was wondering how to get in contact with her.
Matzuba is still as beautiful as ever!

Re: Ulpan Summer '87

HiShari,

Well, Paul is now at my house visiting and he told me you tried to contact him. He gave me the website address so I'm checking it out.

Wow, 20 years, unbelievable! How the heck are you?
Stacey

Hi Shari,

I have no idea who you are but I was there in the summer of '87. You can see my picture in the red shirt with the name 'Mark'. Did we know each other? Matzuva is a special place that will always remain dear to me. I don't remember a lot of people but the faces look familiar. I think I skipped hanging out with any particular kibbutz family but had a lot of fun nonetheless. Dancing in the bombshelter disco was cool and I studied hebrew hard and tried to hang out with the kibbutzniks as much as possible to learn the language. I became friends with Enav (maiden name Geffen) and her cousin and I remember working in the banana fields and with Zvi, behind the kitchen carrying sacks of flour and sugar to the kitchen. I understand he passed away.
I visited Matzuba again in '91 when I went back to Israel to do Ohr Somayach for a month in Jerusalem. I visited Enav in Tel Aviv. She then sent me a picture of her son not long after that. Now I have a daughter of my own who is the light of my life. Time flies doesn't it?! Anway, I was sad to hear that they stopped doing ulpans. Matzuva will always hold a special place in my heart.

Mark Allen

Mark,
I think I do remember you. I have a vague picture in my mind. I'm sure I have some pictures of you along with everyone else from that summer! Good times!
Weren't you from Jersey or something? Anyway, glad to see you here. I have such great memories of my time at Matzuba.