KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Moshe Lador finally installed

Well well Midir

Without wasting too much of your valuable time I would like to state the following:

1.I'm proud to be an Israeli peasant living happily as a member of Kibbutz Matzuva.

2.I'm also proud of my roots and of my home town Liverpool.

So what's with you Midir? You obviously don't choose
to identify yourself on this website although it's been mentioned recently that contributers to the site should insert their names. Maybe you are not proud of something or have something to hide!

Re ploughed or plow - most alumni have come from North America and in Israel I would say American influence is greater than that of the U.K.
I work predominantly in American English and it's my prerogative to use whatever form of English I choose.
Both forms of English are acceptable throughout the world.

Random House (USA)

plow (plou) n., v., plowed, plow•ing — n.1. an agricultural implement used for cutting, lifting, turning over, and partly pulverizing soil. 2. any of various implements resembling or suggesting this, as a contrivance for clearing away snow from a road or track.

Webster (USA)
Plough - chiefly British

Oxford (British)
Plough (plow)

ploughed
(US plowed)
• adjective (of land) having been ploughed

End of 3rd lesson.

I'm sure we would all be delighted to know who you are and even enjoy some positive imput from you. That's what this website is all about!

Regards to all

Baruch
Matzuva

p.s.
Matsuva or Matsuvah? Ferenc - the correct transliteration from the Hebrew (Matzuva is mentioned in the Talmud) is M A T Z U V A. The former German
influence in Israel did use the letter B instead of the correctly pronounced V.
Anyway, whatever way it's written it's OK with us.

Re: Putting Moishele To Bed

As usual Baruch, most eloquently put....

Long Live the King!! (Melech HaMoshiach)

Dear Barukh Qadmon,

When you are teaching you should do it properly!
To blame the Yekkes for your mistakes is not really fair (and we in Merseyside are known for being fair).

The truth is that some of the old-timers wanted to adopt the Galilean dialect spoken in Rosh Pina and Kfar Tavor, in which a dagesh is put in the ב. They would say "zbub" for זבוב instead of "zvuv".
I quote:
למשל החליטו לפתח ניב גלילי של עברית – לקחו אותו מאנשי פקיעין וחצביה ומרמזים מהמשנה. בעברית גלילית יש רק ב דגושה!

That is the source of Matzuba!

If you really want to know how to transliterate from Hebrew to English have a look at the following link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization_of_Hebrew

שמור על עצמך ואל תקח את החיים כל כך קשה

Ferenc

BTW Bouquet is written with ou and not with an o, try using your spell-checker ....

For heaven's sake - enough!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we should open a new heading, but i am all for a bit of hair splitting on this board.
I say "the more the merrier", keeps the board alive.
You may notice some times weeks go past and not one message
Reminds me a bit of the weekly members meeting in the old kibbutz.For weeks there was a discussion about some body who wanted to put an antenna on his roof.
The same evening there was a 10 minutes discussion about spending thousands of shekels for something, and a quick vote finished the matter.
keep up sending those messages, WITH YOUR REAL NAME please!

Hi
In order to put us all out of our misery I'll respond to the observations by "Ferenc" directly by e-mail to him rather than dwelling on a typo error here or there.

What is interesting is the finding by our veteran member Zvi Am-Ad of what he maintains is an earlier mention of Matzuva than the one mentioned in the Talmud. The tract found in Divrei Hayamim I - I Chronicles 21 lists the heroes of King David including "יעשיאל המצביה" (Yashiel the Matzvia).There are 50 heroes listed each with his name followed by his place of abode. This could mean Matzuva existed about 3000 years ago.
When I've got further details from Zvi I'll post them on the site. I should mention that another of our veteran members Yehuda Ben-Moshe contests this claim.

Regards
Baruch

Nu, we put Moishele to bed, this does not mean that we all have to go to sleep.
So start writing something on the message board.
max
i am checking how many people will open this message.