KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Max & Baruch

Dear Rein
Thanks for your comments. I was out for close on a year with a life-threatening illness including intensive treatment. I'm now OK and besides routine tracking with the hospital I'm back to normal and amazed everyday at how Matzuva has picked up the pieces and is now growing demographically with a new and positive outlook.
Regarding information and news from Matzuva. There is
a new leader on the front page of the website describing highlights at Matzuva during 2007. The idea of a newsletter was difficult to maintain due to lack of a regular flow of items of possible interest to alumni.
Max continues to post photos and I'll post snippets of news when relevant.
Regards
Baruch

Baruch, It's a pity I'm late to react. Your illness is certainly a valid reason for you to be silent for such a long time. You're welcome, despite some silly remarks made here about your (to me) Oxford-style English. That anonymous man's English is bad too, even I can tell you. Try posting on this site whatever might interest newcomers. The first discovery of the Matzuva site is what really counts, never mind the perhaps small number of regular visitors.
Ken, I saw your picture by (happy) coincidence last month and now I see your posting (again: late) and it makes me feel good. You are of all ulpanists the only American whose home city I remember, that was Boston. My email address is rein ''at'' diepersloot ''dot'' com. Thank you for writing!

Dear Baruch,
I came to think about the fact that I didn't know about your illness. The Web is connecting people, but also distracting, even insulating people. Less so in the kibbutz, I might hope, than in apartments like mine, where after months I sometimes notice that a car disappeared - because his owner died. The fact that we were unaware of your life threatening illness, does not give me the impression that things are any different over there! So tell us next time or have Max tell us.