KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Leah Segali z.l. 1928-2008

Leah Segali widow of Avri Segali, passed away after suffering for some seven months.
Leah was born in Hungary where she survived the holocaust under difficult circumstances.After the war Lea met Avri in a Zionist youth group and came to Matzuva in 1947.
In the kibbutz 3 children were born;Amira,Ezra and Gideon.
For 30 years Lea worked in education and afterwards worked as a seamstress.When the Matzuva theater was opened Leah became 'house mother and received for ten years all the artists who came to perform there.
Leah was maried to Avri , the artist, and helped him , stood by him all her life, and when Avri died something broke within her and she was never the same.
In an interview not long ago in our local paper she told Edna Nathans" I lived a good and and very difficult life.
May she rest in peace.

Re: Leah Segali z.l. 1928-2008

My condolences to all of the Segali family. I remember Leah as a woman of dignity who would always say hello to me when she saw me.

To trhe Segali Family
Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of L
Leah
Best regards
Clive Franks.

My condolences to all of the Segali family
I just heard the news. about lea's.
with all my love.
Leon Roditi

Condolences to all the Segali family

My sincere condolences to the Segali family, Amira,Ezra and Gideon. I was on the ulpan in summer of 1980 when kibbutz was first under attack from Lebanon and many students left early. The Segalis were my host family, and I met this wonderful family through Avri's brother Simon who was a tour guide in Tel Aviv. I had a great time in the kibbutz. Hope that Simon, Amira and Ezra are doing well. I worked for Ezra in the Noi digging trenches with Ariyeh and mostly in Ha Bananot blue bagging and hauling bananas from 6 a.m. to noon. I have always loved Israel and Matsuva and have great memories of the kind and interesting people I met there, and particularly Avri, Leah, Amira and Ezra. They made me feel at home. I wish all the best to the Segalis and Matsuva and if I ever go back I hope someone remembers me, the 30 year old lawyer from New York (but alas, no longer 30.)