KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I was a volunteer 1978 1979

Shalom Max and Baruch I came from England with a group from Project 67.
I was a fresh faced 19 year old first real time away for any long term .
I remember Max meeting the group at the Airport Ben Gurun Tel Aviv
I stayed as a volunteer on Matzuva for 1 year flew home and came back two weeks later for a further 3 months before heading off to tour Greece and europe .
When I first arrived I worked in the banana fields but ended up working with Smaul Nessher , Avi,Yossi Mikhal , cant remember the others in the Avocardo plantations .
From working the land to picking the fruits and driving the tractors and cherry pickers THANK YOU !!!
Are the Avocardo trees still there ? I helped plant many of them in fresh ground
What a truley fantastic time I had , Max you also took us volunteers on several trips showing us Israel.
One of the trips took us on a 5 hour walk into the Negeth desert to a Monastry it was whilst on this trip that I drank stagment water and ended up with a visit to the hospitol .
My experiance of life in a kibbutz has stayed with me all these years I hope other ex volunteers find this web site ...

Baruch cast your memory back to 1978 you took us to Tel Aviv to see a friendly football match against Isreal and Liverpool Football club I cant remember who won

Re: I was a volunteer 1978 1979

Hello. I was also a volunteer with Project 67. I arrived at Matzuva in January, 1979, and was met at Ben Gurion Airport by Max. I worked in the cotton factory, "baby bashing" in the bananas, and picking oranges and grapefruit. I have fantastic memories of my visit, and photos to prove it. I made some wonderful friends and visited many of them in Australia the following year. Love to anyone who remembers me!

Hi, I arrived Feb 78 and stayed till April 79. loved my time on the Kibbutz. Still keep in contact with max. Great memories all around. Love looking up Max's photo's. Has changed so much since we lived on the kibbutz. One day I will make it back.
Wendy.

Hello Sue I remember you , you came in the same group as I did .