KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Summer '67

Hi all,

My name is Denise ABRAHAM and I am from Antwerp, Belgium. I spent about three months at Matzuva in the summer of '67 and I can't even start explaining the excitement and nostalgia I felt when I came across this website. This is a great initiative!

I have kept many great and warm memories of the time I have spent there. I would love to get in touch or hear about people who were there during that period. My memory has unfortunately let me down and I can't remember many names. Does anybody remember Armand (can't remember his last name), who was a French volunteer at the time. I have often been curious to know what has become of him and if he's well.

If you wish to contact me, please feel free to do so on gkomlosi@gmail.com. It's my son's adress, I'm not too good with computers.

Warm regards to all of you and thank you again for having taken this initiative.

Denise ABRAHAM

Re: Summer '67

I have just found this site and it brings back so many happy memories. My name back then was Avril Solk (Aviva) I was in the ulpan in September of 1967, one of the teachers was Dina (if memory serves). I also worked in the dining room with Pami and am so sorry to hear of her passing - what a great person she was!!!.We were a very large ulpan from all over, Canada, America, Holland, Germany, I was from England and met the only other English girl Louise (she married Asher much older than her and a member of the kibutz), then later divorced and married a Canadian volunteer I think. We met volunteers from Argentina, a group that transferred from kibutz "Or Haner", my ex husband was from this group and we met on Matzuba.

Today I live at the other end of Israel in " Otef Aza " Moshav Sdei Avraham and have been living here over 30 years. I have two sons and 5 grandchildren.
I would love to hear from anyone who thinks they remember me from the ulpan, also looking through your members I think Hagit Cohen might have been my kibutz
"sister", is there anyway to be in touch with her?
Hoping to hear back from someone - all the best Aviva.