KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Neil Reich (Zal)

It is with much sadness that we have to post a message relating to the tragic death of Neil Reich in an accident during a bike trip in the States a few days ago.

Neil was a great guy who was a student at Ulpan Matzuva course # 26 during Summer 1978.
His connection with Matzuva never waivered through the years although the family lived in New York.
Neil married Yael Yiftach-El born and bred at Matzuva - the sister of Avia, Yuval and Oren.
I believe the funeral is today and we all at Matzuva wish the family long life without knowing any further sorrow.
Avia is in the Staes for the funeral and the rest of the far-flung Yiftach-El family will
be supporting them at this tragic time.

May his dear soul rest in everlasting peace.

Baruch Kadmon
July 6 2011

Re: Neil Reich (Zal)

we are indeed shocked by the news of the passing of Neil Reich. he was a lovely person. Being an English teacher he spent a part of his sabbatical to teach in our local high school.
As Baruch wrote the funeral has been and grandmother Esther with sons Yuval and Oren are also flying over to New York to be with the family in those hard times.
May Neil rest in peace.

Wishing all the family a long and healthy life with no more sorrow.

I was at Matzuva around the same time and became friends with Neil. Neil loved Woody Allen movies and had a terrific sense of humour. He was also worldly, educated and incredibly intelligent. (And he spoke Hebrew with a distinctive New York accent.) I remember hours of interesting discussions, debates and stories when we worked together in the banana fields. Though we lost touch after I left Matzuva early in 1979, he was always foremost in my memories whenever I thought of the kibbutz days. Rest in peace my friend.