KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OK at Matzuva

Hi All

Only last week I posted an Update on the website entitled "All Quiet on the Western [Galilee] Front (so far).

For about a fortnight Israel has suffered sustained rocket attacks in the south and center of the country. At the time of writing the update it was indeed all quiet in Galilee except for sporadic fire from Syria onto the Golan Heights.

I don't know whether it was premonition or based on my being a resident of
Western Galilee during the last 53 years having experienced katyushas and incursions galore. I had a gut feeling that it was too quiet in our area and with many Palestinians north of the border and the Hizballah (now heavily involved in Syria).

So within days of writing the update we had 3 late night sirens and loud bangs signalling the need to take cover from rocket attacks in the Western Galilee. Everybody here knows how to react either in a bomb shelter or in the security room in their homes. The bomb shelters are open next to the children's houses during the daytime and everything is OK AT MATZUVA. Rockets did fall in 2 neighboring communities and did some damage while other rockets fell in unpopulated areas in our immediate region.

We at Matzuva thank all who wish Matzuva and Israel well during this time of
indiscriminate rocket fire by terrorists on the civilian population of Israel.

Best wishes
Irene and Baruch Kadmon

*** "All Quiet on the Western Front" is the name of book by Erich Maria Remarque on the experiences of soldiers in the First World War.

Re: OK at Matzuva

Hello Baruch! We are sending you and the Kibbutz our prayers and good wishes during this trying time. We think of our time at Matsuba often with much affection.