Return to Website

Paul Auster Discussion Forum

Any question need answering? Any book or film need debating? Any Paul Auster topic whatsoever

Paul Auster Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Notebooks of Joseph Joubert?

Curious... where did the translations you refer to appear? I'm asking because just this afternoon as I read Moon Palace, I noted in the story: "We shared the same passion for obscure and forgotten books (Lycophron's Cassandra, Giordano Bruno's philosophical dialogues, the notebooks of Joseph Joubert...)" I had researched Bruno after reading Auster's The Invention of Solitude. ("To follow with Bruno's notion that the structure of human thought corresponds to the structure of nature.") Unfamiliar with the Joubert reference, it's appropriate I find a mention here in the Auster forum.

Oh, and I decided to read Moon Palace after reading Kristina's testimony here in the forum.

Thanks, Joseph, for an anticipated response. Hoping the translation is online, otherwise I'll have to hunt down some small press publication...

-Dave

Re: Re: The Notebooks of Joseph Joubert?

Auster himself translated the Notebooks of Joseph Joubert. It's available through Amazon.