Return to Website

Paul Auster Discussion Forum

Any question need answering? Any book or film need debating? Any Paul Auster topic whatsoever

Paul Auster Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please help me....:))

Hello everybody, my name is Barbara, I'm from Romania. I teach American Literature at the university overhere.
I'm a great fan of Paul Auster's books and I plan to write my PhD thesis about his works, I hope that next year I will enroll in the PhD programme. I also would like to write some essays about his works.
My problem is the following: because of my bad financial situation I cannot buy or order the books of Auster, and it is also very difficult to get these books in English overhere. For my professional development it is very essential to get these books somehow,I have to read all of them if I want to write a good PhD proposal next year. So if there are some people who have used, second hand, cheap editions of his works please send them to me. I would be more than happy in this case, I would be very grateful for any kind of donation. I do not expect expensive, new books, just the old editions, doesn't matter if it is a little bit damaged, or used, because I simply have no opportunity to get any of these books overhere (there are some translations, but these are very expensive and I need the books in English)
All that I can offer in exchange of these donations/used books, is the following: I'm ready to send all my scientific papers and essays written about this author to the institution or person who sends me the books.
I know that this message is a little bit weird and maybe I have no chances at all, but I'm still praying and asking for the help of God in this matter, and I hope that a miracle will happen and someone will help me.
Please contact me on this email: bokosborbala@yahoo.com
Thank you very much,
love
Barbara

Re: Please help me....:))

hallo Barbara, i'm an italian student and i'm writing a thesis at the univerisity about Paul Auster and his book of illusion..i'm happy if i could help you but me too need some help, expecially about his biography..contact me ..

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello everybody, my name is Barbara, I'm from Romania. I teach American Literature at the university overhere.
I'm a great fan of Paul Auster's books and I plan to write my PhD thesis about his works, I hope that next year I will enroll in the PhD programme. I also would like to write some essays about his works.
My problem is the following: because of my bad financial situation I cannot buy or order the books of Auster, and it is also very difficult to get these books in English overhere. For my professional development it is very essential to get these books somehow,I have to read all of them if I want to write a good PhD proposal next year. So if there are some people who have used, second hand, cheap editions of his works please send them to me. I would be more than happy in this case, I would be very grateful for any kind of donation. I do not expect expensive, new books, just the old editions, doesn't matter if it is a little bit damaged, or used, because I simply have no opportunity to get any of these books overhere (there are some translations, but these are very expensive and I need the books in English)
All that I can offer in exchange of these donations/used books, is the following: I'm ready to send all my scientific papers and essays written about this author to the institution or person who sends me the books.
I know that this message is a little bit weird and maybe I have no chances at all, but I'm still praying and asking for the help of God in this matter, and I hope that a miracle will happen and someone will help me.
Please contact me on this email: bokosborbala@yahoo.com
Thank you very much,
love
Barbara