Return to Website

Paul Auster Discussion Forum

Any question need answering? Any book or film need debating? Any Paul Auster topic whatsoever

Paul Auster Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello again all you foreigners ! ! ! !

Just wanted to give a friendly hello to you foreign fans of my favorite sweater boy. Mind you Americans don't read Auster. He's the Jerry Lewis of the US book world.

I guess he's like Julius Caesar is for first-year Latin students: Easy, unchallenging English for foreign language students to learn the language by. I carry a copy of Auster's Leviathan under my arm whenever I go to Paris. Gets me laid every time.

Love you all, no please stop... applause should go to Auster, not me...

Re: Hello again all you foreigners ! ! ! !

Hey Yawny,
I've been following your blabbering whenever you felt inclined to share your opinion with us.
Let me just say this: There are quite a few things Americans don't share with the rest of the world. Care for the environment, love for peace or general intelligence and common sense. You name it. In this context it doesn't seem such a bad thing for Auster that the Americans don't like him.
Why don't you just get lost and pray to your G.W-idol and leave us alone?

Re: Re: Hello again all you foreigners ! ! ! !

Finally a reply! I thought my trolling skills were slipping. Well as a red-blooded 'merican I can tell you old Georgie's popularity is at an all-time low out here. Now is the time for all you Europeans to put down your bad novels and hit the streets. Nobody likes a whiner. And don't tell me about empire: twenty years from now we'll all be speaking Chinese.

Re: Re: Re: Hello again all you foreigners ! ! ! !

Well done, Americans,
after that redneck fooled you into electing him for a second administration you already realised what jerk he is two years before he would have hit the road anyway. Now that's what I call foresight...
msfogg

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello again all you foreigners ! ! ! !

That hurts. I admit, sometimes we're right and sometimes we're wrong, but SOMEBODY has to rule the world...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello again all you foreigners ! ! ! !

Even though this was probably meant as a cynical remark, I actually agree. I wouldn't call it ruling the world, however, it's more like acting as world police. And that's what the UN is for, although you Americans haven't quite understood the concept.
msfogg