Return to Website

Paul Auster Discussion Forum

Any question need answering? Any book or film need debating? Any Paul Auster topic whatsoever

Paul Auster Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Howdy to John Yawny Wayne

I'm not convinced that this whole "let's not cry over spilled milk" approach is at all productive. And you may be right - some ignorant Tennessean rednecks might not really be the point but neither are Bush's favorite European pet politicians. At a certain level power might be taken not given but to reach this level - in a democracy - you need to be given a certain power to start you off. But I don't want to go back to accusing you guys of empowering the wrong guy in 2000. What really freaks me out is that there hardly is anybody outside Bush's circle to take his place. Madame Clinton won't make it - and she is hardly any less narrow minded and power hungry than Bush. She really is just George W. with breasts (in itself a revolting image). At this point you Americans have no perspective than standing your course, which obviously is a mode of behavior deeply rooted in your cultural identity. You are not ABLE to change, you've been stagnating for more than 200 years now - and that's the whole point. Even if Bush's popularity is at an all time low, the American people will go and elect the next dictator. You just never learn... and ride on into the setting sun.

Re: Howdy to John Yawny Wayne

Replied on a new thread