Return to Website

Paul Auster Discussion Forum

Any question need answering? Any book or film need debating? Any Paul Auster topic whatsoever

Paul Auster Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Inner Life of Martin Frost

I just saw The Inner Life of Martin Frost, and I liked it. But I noticed on the internet movie data base that the film made very, very little money.

I wonder what Mr. Auster thinks of that?

I understand that the film isn't blockbuster material but I should think he has some sort of decent number of fans who not only read his material but keep up with any film projects (such as Frost) and they would make the effort to go see the film.

I was unable to find it during whatever release it had in my area but I got my copy from netflicks and maybe someone here might know if it is doing well (in however way a successful DVD run is measured) at least in it's DVD run?

Will it get any kind of cable run? Have any cable channels made inquiries about the film? It would be a shame that such a nice little film wouldn't have a shot at some kind of larger audience on television.

Re: The Inner Life of Martin Frost

I've seen the film yesterday in Istanbul during the International Film Festival. The cinema was full...
On the whole I had the impression that Paul Auster, his personality, his world was in this film and therefor I liked it.
I love the attitude of Paul Auster towards life. And when I went out of the cinema I felt enriched...I had the feeling as if I really had experienced something :
it was a special, almost unreal kind of love, but I think that this is actually the only possible kind of love. Somewhere I've read,that Claire stands for the inspiration of the author Martin Frost...but actually we can go further, because the essence of inspiration is Love. And therefor for me Claire is the essence of the love between Claire and Martin - incarnated by her. Claire (like the love between two persons, wether percepted or accepted or not) simply IS...she does'nt want anything, doesn't force or influence anything. She simply is this love and she knows it. That's all...
Thank you Paul Auster!