Return to Website

Paul Auster Discussion Forum

Any question need answering? Any book or film need debating? Any Paul Auster topic whatsoever

Paul Auster Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Man in the Dark

Danmark first?
That 's why Auster mentioned in a Dutch newspaper interview his visit to Danmark a few weeks ago. Probably also to promote his new book.

Difficult. Waiting for the original edition in English or buy the Dutch translation?

Re: Re: Re: Man in the Dark

Paul Auster was in Brussels this evening to present his film 'The Inner Life Of Martin Frost'. Paul Auster told why the Dutch and Danish versions appear before the English. According to Auster many readers in Denmark, Holland and Belgium understand English and prefer to read the original edition. But this implies that the Danish and Dutch publishers earn less money. So he made a deal with these two publishersd to publish the Dutch and Danish translation some months before the original English one.
I think I'll buy the Dutch translation, because I just can't wait.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Man in the Dark

Well, i was there and recorded some videos :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p1ls5oqMEhk

Complete meeting and readings (including siri hustvedt reading The sorrows of an american) will be published on www.onlit.be in september !

Pierredm@gmail.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man in the Dark

oh wow absolute great. He is a master in reading in front of a public.

That's why I have some of his books as audio CD;-) Like "I thought my father was god" and "Brooklyn Follies"
Unfortunately Europeans can't buy the other audiobooks in downloadable versions

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man in the Dark

Your absolutly right. It was the second time i hear him reading. thats very impressive... his voice so particular.