ATOP Message Forum

Welcome to ATOP! We seek to be a community minded ministry with the world in mind and you at heart.  Where everyone feels accepted, supported, challenged, and affirmed.

ATOP Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ATOP's Forum Board Rules

AVATARS~WHAT IS AND WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED

Avatars consist of a small icon (picture) representation (symbol) of the user and/or the user’s personality. Symbols can be powerful representations of ideas and concepts. Psychologists tell us that humans often react strongly on a subconscious level to symbolic representations.
It simply is not possible to prescribe a list of what is or is not suitable or appropriate for an avatar on this Board. But where the question arises, it will be decided in this way:
Does the Avatar have a connotation which is contrary to Biblical precepts?
Where the answer is obvious, the avatar will be disallowed.

Where the answer is not so clear-cut, the Administrators will take everything into consideration and make a judgement call.

Re: ATOP's Forum Board Rules

The facilitators Creed

I am a facilitator not a moderator. As such I am here to serve, not to rule. I consider myself a servant of all and lord of none.

As a facilitator I undertake with God’s grace:

To be gracious in ALL humility in all my dealings with members of this forum,
To be kind, courteous and helpful at all times,
Never to judge another member because s/he does not agree with my theology,
Never to push my own brand of theology at the cost of humiliating or hurting another,
To be Christ-like to fellow seekers in the knowledge that I do not have all the answers and never will,
To be accountable for my actions here since I am burdened with sin like anyone else and not above reproach,
To accept that I am not always right and, when rebuked by two or more members will never abuse my station by the use of coercion or force, but will do all in my power to be reconciled with a brother or sister in Christ,
I will pursue what is right and good with all my ability and make every attempt to keep this board a God honoring place, free from heresy and filth.

I am here to serve not rule. If I am unable to abide by this creed, I will resign.

Re: ATOP's Forum Board Rules

ATOP'S FORUMS Guidelines... Please Read!

As a private, moderated, Christian Message Board, we welcome people of all Christian denominations to post here. Unfortunately we also know from experience there always seem to be those select few who join solely for the purpose of mocking the faith of the members of the board or otherwise stirring up trouble for the sake of stirring up trouble. If this describes your motivation for joining, save both yourself and us the time and trouble and go elsewhere. We will not tolerate the mocking of our board, our members, our faith, and most importantly, our Lord.

I. Board Fellowship

We appreciate and respect other faiths and beliefs, and ask that they do the same while here. Posts running counter to Christianity and the Bible as explained in the Scriptures must be in the appropriate forum, and framed in such a way as to earnestly seek clarification. Proselytizing, Bible/Christian bashing, and rude conduct are expressly forbidden.

II. Conduct

As this is a Christian message board, conduct becoming a Christian is what is expected. We all come from different backgrounds and convictions and each member has their own different personalities and style of communicating through the written word. Remember first and foremost that we come together because of Christ and stand under Him and are accountable in all you say and do. We do not have to agree but allow anothers disagreement to drive you into the Word for answers. Nobody has all the answers, and even in debates with gusto and passion remember that we cannot find the bottom of the knowledge of God in the flesh. We are called into fellowship in order to share, uplift and grow in our shared faith. Name calling, belittling, cutting down anothers beliefs, sour attitude or general conduct not becoming a brother or sister in the faith will not be tolerated. Keep your words well salted, in love and centered in the Light.

III. Legalese

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless ATOP Message Forum the owners of this site with respect to any claim based upon transmission and/or content of your message(s).

Although Copyright of material posted by you will always remain yours, by posting on this board, you grant to ATOP the perpetual and non-exclusive right to store and publish said material.