​​​​​​​

CT MG CLUB Forum

CT MG Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recommendations for body work and paint

I recently inherited my mother's '62 MGA MK II which although now running for the first time in 40 years, still needs body work, paint, etc. I've lived in Connecticut for 11 years, but never needed any of those services, let alone for a classic car. If any owners out there have recommendations on where to take the car, I'd appreciate it!

Car Model MGA MK II

Re: Recommendations for body work and paint

I hope you are enjoying the nice fall weather and are driving your MGA. Will you be at the Ivory in Deep River this Sunday for lunch? Gary

Hi Gary,

Yes I have been enjoying taking the car out a bit, although I haven't been able to put the top up, or what remains of it, so I haven't been out too much. I wish I could go to lunch on Sunday but unfortunately I work weekends. I am hoping to attend the party in December.

Hi Karen,
I had my first car done by D&J in Manchester and he did a great job. I am having my coupe done there now. He is very busy and it take quite some time for him to complete it but it is at a good price and the work is great. Give Dave a call and he will look at it and give you some guidance on it.

Car Model MGA Roadster and Coupe

Thanks Bill!

Gary Mayer came over yesterday to help pull the frame out for the top and I think he was pleasantly surprised by the condition the body is in, but I finally convinced him that yes it does need to be painted. I'll give Dave a call this week about bringing the car over for an estimate.

I had my MGA painted and some body work done by F-40 Motors in Portland. It was an insurance job so I have no idea of the cost. The car still looks good after 16 years of service.

Car Model MGA

Thanks David!

I reached out to D&J in Manchester, but haven't heard back yet. Maybe if it is dry enough on Friday I can try driving to one or both.

Car Model MK II