​​​​​​​

CT MG CLUB Forum

CT MG Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Price opinion

I'm hoping the MG community might be able to help me confirm that I've priced my MGB correctly. I have a 1970 MGB, split bumper with overdrive. It has chrome wire wheels (plus a spare), chrome trim/luggage rack and is painted 1969 MG cream with black interior. It has been in my family since 1971 and runs beautifully. Zero mechanical issues. The interior carpet and seats have been redone and the gear shift knob replaced with authentic MG part, but everything else is original. I am selling it because my knees don't appreciate getting in and out, and I need the garage bay! It has been stored every winter. Top is in very good shape and I have the tonneau cover plus the cover that has the zipper up the middle, that covers the entire cockpit (I don't know the proper name for that). I've listed it on Auto Trader Classics for $15,000. Is that crazy low? Crazy high? Or about right? I've definitely had inquiries and several people have come to look. Two guys are seriously considering it, but I want to make sure I'm not making a big mistake. Many thanks for any input. And if you want to see it, please let me know! It's still available!

Car Model B

Re: Price opinion

It is very difficult to tell what it is worth with out knowing or seeing the car. There is a 1970 MGB roadster in Old Lyme for sale now, listed as runs, needs restoration, $2K. $15,000 may be a little high but you never can tell.

Car Model MGB

I actually got my price and sold the car. Thank you!

Car Model MGB

Excellent!

Car Model MGB