FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD

Welcome to the FISHINGVA.COM message boards.  Feel free to post about anything Virginia fishing or fishing related.  Just please follow these rules to keep the boards enjoyable for everybody.

1) Post fishing reports from the submit a report link on the home page.  Makes it so I can store them in an easily searchable way.

2) No profanity.  If you want to use cuss words do it like this s--t .  Just want to keep it somewhat clean so if kids are looking...

3) Personal attacks on other users of FISHINGVA.COM will not be tolerated.  I will remove the post and email the offender letting them know.  If the offender continues to slip they may be banned.

Thats it pretty simple just want to make this the best place for Virginia fishermen and wanted to put some guidelines out there to avoid the pitfalls we have all seen on some other sites.  Tight Lines!!!! Jeff B. 

FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Appomatox River above Chesdin

My partner & I put in at River Rd (Chesterfield & Amelia Co. line) and motored (electric) up river and floated down. We caught about 25 Kentucky Spotted bass, 2 largemouth, 1 smallmouth, 1 chain, 4 bream and 8 (I think they are called suckers). We saw some nice stripers. They would just follow our Rapala or take a swipe at it, but no hookups. The fished were caught on Rapala minnow, Big O, Senko (t-rig & wacky style) and spinnerbait. We saw a couple of kayaker coming down river and they said that there were no major obsticales blocking the river so we will try to float it this weekend.

Re: Appomatox River above Chesdin

Sounds like a good day Russell. Keep it up

Hey Russell I've thought about putting the kayak in there many times but have never tried it, sounds like I should though from your report. I live in Chesterfield not far from there. Guess the Kayakers put in at the RT 360 crossing?? Every time I drive over it on the way to Briery or Sandy I take a look there but I don't see any public parking or access. Keep us posted ok?

D

Well you talked me into it...
went today noon-4:30. Kayaked up a good ways and floated back. Tough day, bluebird skies and the front yesterday... only four fish. One LM, one spotted, one pickeral, one sucker. Kept an eye out for the stripers you spoke about but saw none. I'll go back though, great looking piece of water. Saw a bald eagle, and no development, no other people, great day on the water despite only a few fish.

My partner & I went Sunday 13th, and floated from Hull St. to River Rd. We motored (electric)up river for about 45 minutes but didn't get anything. We didn't even see a fish. After we floated past the 360 bridge we started catching fish. Maybe it was kind of chilly and that's why we didn't get anything up river (: Most of our fish came out of deep (3 - 5 feet) holes. We ended up with about 25 Spotted Bass, 9 chain (this is the most chain that we've caught at one time out of here and some nice ones also), 3 largemouths, 8 suckers, and a nice size ring perch. We didn't see any stripers on this trip. The fish were caught off of senko (t-rig & wacky style) Big O and the little Big O, shallow running shad rap and the #3 (smallest) shad rap, #5 rapala and a pointer 78.
Dwayne, we saw an eagle on the last trip, and this trip we came across some deer & turkey on 3 different occassion. And the squirrels were all over the place.