FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD

Welcome to the FISHINGVA.COM message boards.  Feel free to post about anything Virginia fishing or fishing related.  Just please follow these rules to keep the boards enjoyable for everybody.

1) Post fishing reports from the submit a report link on the home page.  Makes it so I can store them in an easily searchable way.

2) No profanity.  If you want to use cuss words do it like this s--t .  Just want to keep it somewhat clean so if kids are looking...

3) Personal attacks on other users of FISHINGVA.COM will not be tolerated.  I will remove the post and email the offender letting them know.  If the offender continues to slip they may be banned.

Thats it pretty simple just want to make this the best place for Virginia fishermen and wanted to put some guidelines out there to avoid the pitfalls we have all seen on some other sites.  Tight Lines!!!! Jeff B. 

FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VBBC

Just wanted to say that I entered the "Va Big Bass Contest " in 2005 for the first time. It was $20 but I figured, hey, you never know, it could pay off. Well the biggest bass that I caught this yr would have only landed me 7th place and not in the money anyway. I was recently thinking that dang it, I didnt even win one of the weekly drawing prizes like lures, line, etc., when I got a call from Mr. Stanton of Stanton and Bartle LLC. Turns out that I DID win the very last drawing. Not only that, it was the Grand Prize drawing for the Lifetime Fishing License. I couldnt be happier! I have always wanted one of those but never had an extra $250 to spare. I never win anything but this has been a very good year for me. 3 citations this yr and a lifetime license with a month and a half to go. Im not braggin on here, Im just happy and sharing my experiences. Im gonna enter again for 2006, it sure payed off this year.
Bill

Re: VBBC

Congrats dude! Someting is better than nothing.

Hey Bill,

Any of us(fisherman)on this site of Jeff's would drool to win a lifetime fishing license! Hold on a minute! I have to get a tissue to dry my keyboard off!
I'am glad for ya bud! My fishing partner wants to head to Buggs soon for some Cats or Stripers, I'll post our results after!

Git'er Done
Don

Thanks Don,
Why go to Buggs when you have the James right here? We caught a 16lb and a 22lb blue today in a couple of hours and we werent even fishing hard.
Bill

Bill,

We just might do that! I have not tried my hole below Deep Bottom for some time now.

Be good,
Don

I caught my 4th citation of the yr the other day. A Bluegill. Caught it on the upper James at the Pipeline Overlook. I have had some difficulties placing posts on this site so I will say it here.
Bill