FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD

Welcome to the FISHINGVA.COM message boards.  Feel free to post about anything Virginia fishing or fishing related.  Just please follow these rules to keep the boards enjoyable for everybody.

1) Post fishing reports from the submit a report link on the home page.  Makes it so I can store them in an easily searchable way.

2) No profanity.  If you want to use cuss words do it like this s--t .  Just want to keep it somewhat clean so if kids are looking...

3) Personal attacks on other users of FISHINGVA.COM will not be tolerated.  I will remove the post and email the offender letting them know.  If the offender continues to slip they may be banned.

Thats it pretty simple just want to make this the best place for Virginia fishermen and wanted to put some guidelines out there to avoid the pitfalls we have all seen on some other sites.  Tight Lines!!!! Jeff B. 

FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone know?

Anyone know what happened to the fishinmusician site? Just wondering.

Re: Anyone know?

It probably self destructed. Used to be a good place, but got ruined by Yahoos and trash talk. Thats when I switched over to Jeffs site here. There used to be some good posts there by people like CajunBass and Wayne Purdam. I dont know where those fellas went to.
Bill

Cajun spends some time on the BBC site, Wayne post here it is hunting season for him though so that is why no post in a while.

Oh as for the site I know John the owner was working down in NC alot and may have moved there so maybe he decided to kill his virginia site.

When I go to the site thefishingmusician, now Search Suggestions comes up. Go figure. Good thing there's this site now.

I just took a peak. Looks like the Fishin Musician is belly up. Long live FishingVa.com! I told you you would win in the end Banko.
Bill

Looks like he just didn't renew the domain subscription.

I was sad to see it go...I came in at a time when there were multiple posts per day. I'm glad to say that I was the last "regular" on the site before it died :)

Hopefully I can post as much here as I did there.

I'm here as well. Havent been fishing much lately. Between 12 hour work days, a 3 year old, and only 9 hours of daylight, I cant find the time. Its good to see some of the TFM posters here now. I'll post when something fishing related comes up....randy

We were all sad to see it go, but it just got rotten and ruined by yahoos and fake postings. At one time it was a good source for fishing information. I have trust in Jeff Banko that this site wont ever get that way.
Bill

Randy glad to see you here.

Jeff

It looks like we have the same core group of guys going between that old site and this one. We could form a cool little bass fishin club out of the guys here :)

Welcome Randy. Yup a lot of us came from TFM, which as others have stated started out as a good site with lots of good info, but went downhill quick a while back IMO. I know personally that Jeff will not let the same things happen here, he puts a lot of time and effort to running things right.

"It looks like we have the same core group of guys going between that old site and this one. We could form a cool little bass fishin club out of the guys here :) "

Actually been thinking about that. Might have to have a few rally/slash get togethers this year since we are getting so many people here now. Won't just be a Bass thing though most likely we have some Catfish guys here, Bill

Jeff

Heck yea, like I said, it's generally the same group of guys posting there & here (Blackielee, yourself, RichK, Bill, myself, Russell, etc)....and with me & Rich being such poor fisherman, we're BOUND to learn something from you all :)

If you guys are interested John actually moved to NC 2 years ago for his job but kept the FM site going for fun. Unfortunately a certain group of individuals hacked into the message boards he was using and locked him out. Then they proceeded to trash the board. He tried to gain control again but the company that hosted the boards went belly up and left them to rot. Most of these boards actually still function but no one has control except the hackers. The web is a wild crazy place. He had planned to rebuild the site last summer but in the meantime got promoted again and has now moved to Florida. Lucky dog I know he’s down there slayin em. I know he always worked hard on the site but moving and all the crap that went down over the message boards not to mention all the negative feedback a lot of people gave him. (I won’t name names) I think took the fun out of it. But mainly he just doesn’t have the time to sit in front of the computer like he used to. What really kills me though is those that trashed him not only didn’t know him but also never paid a dime to use his site. In fact he paid for it mostly out of his own pocket not to mention all the hours of work that went into it. Anyway it is a shame that it’s gone because it was the best web site on fishing in Virginia I had ever found. Maybe Jeff can pick up where John left off. John’s a great guy I had the pleasure of fishing and playing music with him for many years. I look forward to getting down to Florida and fishin again with him soon.

Tell him to stop by this site and say hello.

I always volunteered to help him out with the site as I was probably the most frequent visitor. I was sad to see it go.

But yea, there were a bunch of jacks$$es there at the end.....it's a shame.

Regardless, he sounded like he was a pretty good guy.

Don't know much about how these things work, but, as stated before, it was a good site not long ago, and I am sure that most would wish him the best. All of us have to work, and with that comes some sacrifices, and occasionally a blessing, so here we all are. Best of luck to John in his new ventures, and to Jeff (Jeff, need some beers symbols dude).

TJ thanks for sharing all the info. Glad to know that John is doing well and the lucky dog is in that bass Mecca, Florida. It really was a shame that that site got ruined. I use to love that place and spent many, many hours on it. It really ****** me off that some **** hackers could ruin a good site that someone poured their heart and soul and money into so easily. Hopefully we can avoid that here and I can continue to grow this site to make it the best one in Virginia on fishing.

Jeff Banko