FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD

Welcome to the FISHINGVA.COM message boards.  Feel free to post about anything Virginia fishing or fishing related.  Just please follow these rules to keep the boards enjoyable for everybody.

1) Post fishing reports from the submit a report link on the home page.  Makes it so I can store them in an easily searchable way.

2) No profanity.  If you want to use cuss words do it like this s--t .  Just want to keep it somewhat clean so if kids are looking...

3) Personal attacks on other users of FISHINGVA.COM will not be tolerated.  I will remove the post and email the offender letting them know.  If the offender continues to slip they may be banned.

Thats it pretty simple just want to make this the best place for Virginia fishermen and wanted to put some guidelines out there to avoid the pitfalls we have all seen on some other sites.  Tight Lines!!!! Jeff B. 

FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Start a new post for improvement ideas

Hey all just starting a new thread for things I can do to improve the site as the other one is getting kind of long. Oh and check out this page

www.fishingva.com/indexworking.html.

It is a version of the home page that I am still tweaking.

Jeff

Re: Start a new post for improvement ideas

Only thing I don't like is the yellowish green link buttons..but that's just a personal preference thing.

I think the layout looks very user friendly.

The only thing I see is that I don't think the big block of text is necessary

(Welcome to FISHINGVA.COM. This site has been created to give Va. fresh water fishermen a one stop source for all their information needs. The site is pretty self explanatory but be sure to check out some of our real cool areas. Are you a boater that is going to be fishing alone and would not mind having someone else to go with you or don't have a boat but want to try and find someone with one to go fishing with then use our meet and fish features. Always wanted to write an article about your favorite fishing spot or technique, go ahead and then submit it on the site it just might be published here. Looking for fishing reports then use our fishing reports section which allows you to search for reports based on the place and month. There really is just a ton of info. at your finger tips so come on in, surf around, and then come back often. Tight Lines. )

I could see that part being changed to just a header/title graphic. Maybe merge the FishingVA.Com graphic into a graphic....such as having that text in front of a scenic view of the James River.

Couple ideas would be to have a FishingVa citation program. Photo of the fish with a tape alongside and our word. Nothing fancy...maybe a little Medal under out member names, on the BBS or a sticker for our truck...

Maybe, in the spring, we could all get together with the familys, at a central locating (park) for BBQ, beers and stories.

BTW, is there a place on this site where we can register?

I like the citation program, I'll have to come up with something. Maybe do like a fishermen of the month kind of thing. If I can line up some sponsors for the site maybe I can get them to back that, that would be cool...

On the second idea, I probably will try to set up a little Rally or T for the folks that come here. probably have to do it in the summer or early fall though. I am a pretty active tourney bass fisheremen and Spring and Early summer are just crazy for me, pretty much every weekend I am booked with a T or pre-fishing for a T.

Would like to do something on the James as it could be a multi species T since not everybody fishes for the green fish like me.

Jeff, as you know, I am a fan of the Rally's, so you don't need much input from me. You suggested in another post a winter rally, which I feel would be great. We are [relativley] small in numbers, and I dont think permitting etc would be much of an issue if at all.
Fisherman of the quarter would be cool too...Except for the fact that you and Bill would win the majority of the time. LOL. Maybey something like a big fish contest based on photographed length alone. You could have four catagories. For example Q1 longest cat. Q2 Longest pan (excluding bass) Q3 Longest bass (LMB, SMB, Spot), and Q4 Longest trash fish (bowfin, garr etc). Don't get me wrong all, I am just going by the genearal feelings of the fresh water fishing community. I've seen on other sites where they require a "token item" to be placed in the photo such as keys, pocket knife etc to be placed in the photo to help with authenticity in order to win the prize.
Start small now, perhaps a FISHINGVA.com t-shirt, (I will provide the tee's if you like), and if some of your site sponsors would like to get in on the action, they could too by donating to the winner.

Hey Rich .... don't leave Blackie Lee out of that fisherman of the quater quote .... that man is an awesome fisherman (not that Jeff B and Bill aren't mind you)!

H--l, even I would have to give my vote to Blackie Lee this year! He has had an awesome year. You dont catch 10 citation bass by luck
Bill

Thank you Bill!! The man .... the legend ..... please everyone give a warm welcome and round of applause for Blackie Lee!! lol ...... messin with ya Blackie.

he caught some beasts this year ..... hawgs .... b-e-a-utiful fish.

I was green (pun intended) with envy. ;)

I would give that one to Bill or Blackie also. I love my tourney fishing but that takes me away from citation waters a lot, plus they are both just great fishermen...

Hey Jeff K, its not nice to mess with the man.

I think I should get the quarterly award, anyone who fishes as much as I do without catching anything must be dedicated :)

Sorry, Didn't mean to leave Blackie out of that. You guys are right, Blackie is one heck of a fisherman, and didn't intend to take away any from him.