FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD

Welcome to the FISHINGVA.COM message boards.  Feel free to post about anything Virginia fishing or fishing related.  Just please follow these rules to keep the boards enjoyable for everybody.

1) Post fishing reports from the submit a report link on the home page.  Makes it so I can store them in an easily searchable way.

2) No profanity.  If you want to use cuss words do it like this s--t .  Just want to keep it somewhat clean so if kids are looking...

3) Personal attacks on other users of FISHINGVA.COM will not be tolerated.  I will remove the post and email the offender letting them know.  If the offender continues to slip they may be banned.

Thats it pretty simple just want to make this the best place for Virginia fishermen and wanted to put some guidelines out there to avoid the pitfalls we have all seen on some other sites.  Tight Lines!!!! Jeff B. 

FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ego I'm Callin' ya out!

LOL. I'm headin out of Hopewell tomorrow about 11-11:30 AM. Ride with me, or bring your own. I'll be in a Nitro 188 sport pulled by a red Cherokee (can't really miss me, ive got fishing va.com bumper stickers on the Jeep and trailer). My cell is listed on the Meet and fish page. I challenge you to a duel of who can catch less fish.

Re: Ego I'm Callin' ya out!

Brother, I GLADLY accept...just not tomorrow :)

I GOTTA WORK!

It's f'n killin me too man. Our company packages ink cartridges for HP....and the demand for some ungodly reason is through the roof. This time last year we were sending the hourly folks home with just 24 hours on their time cards....this last quarter we have been working **** near every weekend. I'm getting really tired of it....especially considering I'm salaried and don't get paid anything for all of this over time :(

Trust me, I wish I could be out there tomorrow.

Can I take a rain check on this non-catching challenge? I should be off both days next weekend!

Hey Rich. If you head up the Appo, into comstocks, look for a dock with a blue castnet laying on the bottom step and a white house with 2 (stacked) retaining walls. Thats me. Honk your horn and I'll grab you a hot cup of joe.

Hmmm excuses excuses Ego.. Another day perhaps.

Randy, I may take you up on that, I usually dont have much luck with the greenfish in comstock, but the kidw love the bream. Since I'll be headin that way around the slack tide I may stop over that way. which end is your house on, toward the flats, or the "bay" side? I should be easy to spot, don't imagine there will be many out there.

TRUST ME, I WOULD BE OUT THERE FISHING IF I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORK lol

LOL, all in good fun my friend, all in good fun. So looks like Randy will feed me some pee juice, and i'll be done for the day anyhow.

LOL...No pee juice in the coffee...maybe a "Rimmer". lol!

Im actually behind the long island. As you are comming from the north, you will see Burke Steels boat lift roof, its the white triangle off your starboard bow @ about 300 degrees relative. I am the 3rd dock to the right, behind the longer island. You'll have to enter via the bay side.

I've got the youngen watch so I wont be able to go out, but I'll say "sup".

I believe I know your house, seems to me there is a brushpile that the kids have pulled a few pans off of near(not on) your dock. If it is the one I'm thinking of, check the VADGIF site for the '05 kids'n fishing contest winner 1-5 yr old. the pic was taken in your backyard.

Yep. I believe the winner is my neighbor's daughter.
http://www.dgif.state.va.us/events/knf_winners_2005.asp

Dunno about the specific brush pile but there is a few down pines between my dock and my other neighbors house.

That's Rich's daughter. She is quite the fisher. Proves catching fish is not genetic..LOL. Who loves yah pard.

Jeff

LOL!
She looks just like my neighbor's little girl. I wasnt sure about the trolling motor though...lol.

My little girl is finally getting to the age where she understands the concept of fishing. Shes 3 and a half. Whomever said 2 was rough, didnt wait til their kid was 3...sheesh.

Congrats Rich on the 1st place photo!

Shes a doll!

"who ever said 2 was rough, didnt wait til their kid was 3...sheesh" LMAOL. I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter too so understand that one.

Jeff

Hey Rich, If you read this before you head out, be forewarned, the wind up here is rough comming out of the ENE at about 20 knots, gusting to 35 knots. Believe it or not, Comstocks is white capping...

There was a Nitro up here getting the sh*t kicked out of him earlier.

That wasn't me judging by the time your post was stamped, but I spent most of the day over there, and cought some good fish. I left out of Hopewell at 11 on the dot, fished a few areas on the way to Comstock (favorite holes), and blasted on in there. I fished the shoreline near the house with the new dock allowing the trees to block the wind. Did very well in there including a sawweeeet one that had to go at least 5 lbs. I let the wind blow me towards your house, fishing the docks quick as I floated past. Gave a toot for ya, and tried to hold the boat there for a minute but the wind was too crazy. With the t/m on high, it could barely make any headway. Cranked up the big motor and retreated to the sheltered area. All told today, 6LMB all keepers, all on t-rigged creature baits, and all in Comstocks. I tried heading a bit further up the river, why I dont know with the wind and the flow of the river, it was just a waste of gas.

White caps I definatley believe, there were white caps in the main river with abut 2' swells when I left Hopewell.

I'll catch ya next time though.

BTW, thanks for the compliment. Jeff is right, she proves that catching fish is NOT genetic. All of my kids are good at it except my oldest. I try to take my two little ones every chance I can in the summer months. Sometimes I have to cut them down to sharing one pole so that I can keep up with them. Oh, and if you think a 2 or 3 or 4 yr old is tough, try it with twins

I figured it wasnt you in the Nitro. Between the buzz last night and the time you mentioned going out, I knew it wasnt you. He was out at about 8am this morning.

I told you it was good fishing here at the pond. Glad to see you did well. You'll have to give me the skinny on the creature bait you used.

Ive been using a rootbeer/char baby brush hog, carolina rigged, with good results. Its tought to find that color combo anymore.

Post a pic of the 5#er!

Unfourtunatley, I didn't have my camera with me, fact is, it was in my car at the ramp I actually considered throwing her into the livewell in hopes that I was to see you, but it was a good hard fight and I didn't want to induce more stress. As far as colors, personally I am not a huge beleiver in the right colors for the river. I usually use darker colors for my plastics, and chart/white spinner baits. I have a tremendous amount of confidence in them, so therefore it is always what I throw. I have had limited success with a c-rig, instead I've been throwing t-rigs into laydowns with 3+' of water under them.

Dont agree with your view on genetics. My son is 21 and can give me a run for my money. Taught him to fish when he was hardly old enough to hold up a rod. Have pics to prove it. Hes every bit as good as me. Our favorite time of the year is spring when we go out together and compete to see who can catch the most shad during the run. Time fishing with your kids is well invested.
Bill

Don't read too much into it Bill, my kids are very good fisherpersons. They all have been since they were about 2 or 3. I on the other hand, am not so good. Jeff always picks on me about it, and I also pick on myself about it, it's all in good fun.