FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD

Welcome to the FISHINGVA.COM message boards.  Feel free to post about anything Virginia fishing or fishing related.  Just please follow these rules to keep the boards enjoyable for everybody.

1) Post fishing reports from the submit a report link on the home page.  Makes it so I can store them in an easily searchable way.

2) No profanity.  If you want to use cuss words do it like this s--t .  Just want to keep it somewhat clean so if kids are looking...

3) Personal attacks on other users of FISHINGVA.COM will not be tolerated.  I will remove the post and email the offender letting them know.  If the offender continues to slip they may be banned.

Thats it pretty simple just want to make this the best place for Virginia fishermen and wanted to put some guidelines out there to avoid the pitfalls we have all seen on some other sites.  Tight Lines!!!! Jeff B. 

FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Harrison Lake fish hatchery

Anyone fished it lately? It's in Charles City off of route 5.

I used to fish it almost once a month....I heard they instituted a $1 a day fee now.

That place kicked my butt many a times :)

Re: Harrison Lake fish hatchery

Ego,
We're on Christmas Break starting Monday for 2 weeks so I thought I might try it out during that time.
Russell

Christmas break....for 2 weeks..

You in school?

Merry Christmas eh.

I've only fished Harrison from the bank, managed a few blue gill, and a couple small bass all on small popper flies near the ramp. I haven't fished there in a couple of years. But, I do shad fish in the creek that runs out of Harrison during the season.

If you pass the turn off into harrison and go about a mile further, there will be a right turn just before the bridge, turn there and park, fish off the bank. easy 100+/day. This is private land, so you need to meet w/the land owner and pay him $5/day, but the action is non-stop when the tide in the Janes is right.