FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD

Welcome to the FISHINGVA.COM message boards.  Feel free to post about anything Virginia fishing or fishing related.  Just please follow these rules to keep the boards enjoyable for everybody.

1) Post fishing reports from the submit a report link on the home page.  Makes it so I can store them in an easily searchable way.

2) No profanity.  If you want to use cuss words do it like this s--t .  Just want to keep it somewhat clean so if kids are looking...

3) Personal attacks on other users of FISHINGVA.COM will not be tolerated.  I will remove the post and email the offender letting them know.  If the offender continues to slip they may be banned.

Thats it pretty simple just want to make this the best place for Virginia fishermen and wanted to put some guidelines out there to avoid the pitfalls we have all seen on some other sites.  Tight Lines!!!! Jeff B. 

FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crappie on the Appo?

So when do the Crappie start to school in the shallows, here in my neck of the river? I caught the tail end of last springs spawn in Feb/Mar. It was AWESOME. Apparently Comstocks is notorious for holding crappie in the cold months. Just wondering when the winter/spring migration happens. And what is the target water temp?

Ive been told that Nov/Dec are pretty good usually but all I seem to be catching (on minnows and a cork) are 6-12" LGM and Yellow perch.

Re: Crappie on the Appo?

Randy, I can't put you on specific spots but, last weekend when I was fishing over there, I ran across a small cove that fish were picking up my t-rig creature, and running w/it, but I set the hook on nothing. The plastic wasn't even slightly dislodged. Maybe an area to seek. From your house, the second cove on the left. need more call me. Sure had the thought at the time that they were crappie.

Re: Crappie on the Appo?

Also, look for verticle stucture in the more open (bay) area of Comstocks. Just what I heard through the grapevines, but there is a tree just outside of what "most" consider comstocks that you should check out. Hint: You will only see this tree in the next two or so days at low tide, and then will have to wait another month or so.