FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD

Welcome to the FISHINGVA.COM message boards.  Feel free to post about anything Virginia fishing or fishing related.  Just please follow these rules to keep the boards enjoyable for everybody.

1) Post fishing reports from the submit a report link on the home page.  Makes it so I can store them in an easily searchable way.

2) No profanity.  If you want to use cuss words do it like this s--t .  Just want to keep it somewhat clean so if kids are looking...

3) Personal attacks on other users of FISHINGVA.COM will not be tolerated.  I will remove the post and email the offender letting them know.  If the offender continues to slip they may be banned.

Thats it pretty simple just want to make this the best place for Virginia fishermen and wanted to put some guidelines out there to avoid the pitfalls we have all seen on some other sites.  Tight Lines!!!! Jeff B. 

FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Winter fishing on the James

Hey Jeff,

I am really impressed with all of the posts on this message board for this time of year. I really enjoy fishing the James any time of year. I was just talking to a friend of mine today about how I wished there were at least a few T's on the river during the Nov-Feb time. Maybe even if a few guy want to get together and hit the barge pits sometime after the first of the year that would be great also. I will post another messsage the first week of January and see how things go. Last year it was almost 70 deg the first week in Jan but I dont know if we will be so lucky this year.

Hookpuller

Re: Winter fishing on the James

I reckon I will go this weekend, I am so burned out from freakin work that it makes me sick...

If the weather is anything like it was today though I'm gonna need about 10 layers of clothes on if I expect to be moving across the water in a bass boat..

brrrrr

Im going out on the Lower James this Sunday, but with all this rain today, who knows how high the river will be. Could be more floating pumpkins!
Bill

Bundle up and get out there. This is my favorite time of year on the James. Go during the outgoing tide, hit the pits or the main channels. This is my favorite time of year other than shad season.
It'll be cold, but as long as your guides aren't freezing, you'll be ok.

Remember, coffee and hot coco will warm you up, but dehydrate you at the same time. Bring some water or gatoraide.