FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD

Welcome to the FISHINGVA.COM message boards.  Feel free to post about anything Virginia fishing or fishing related.  Just please follow these rules to keep the boards enjoyable for everybody.

1) Post fishing reports from the submit a report link on the home page.  Makes it so I can store them in an easily searchable way.

2) No profanity.  If you want to use cuss words do it like this s--t .  Just want to keep it somewhat clean so if kids are looking...

3) Personal attacks on other users of FISHINGVA.COM will not be tolerated.  I will remove the post and email the offender letting them know.  If the offender continues to slip they may be banned.

Thats it pretty simple just want to make this the best place for Virginia fishermen and wanted to put some guidelines out there to avoid the pitfalls we have all seen on some other sites.  Tight Lines!!!! Jeff B. 

FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: winter get together

Already working on it. Only pain is that can't do it on these boards so will have to move it to another message forum service.

Jeff

We'll get there.

Hey Jeff, whats going to be the time to meet at the ramp?

Blackie,

Let's say meet at 9:00 we can then all meet launch boats and b.s. and then we can blast off at 10:00 right after the tide turns over. We can then fish till 2:30. 4.5 hours in the cold should be good enough.

Jeff

And gives us time to sleep in a bit :)

I'm down with that.

If anyone cares, I will probably go fishing this coming Saturday....barge pits style...

Hey Jeff, what time are we going to meet at the ramp?

Blackie,

Let's say meet at 9:00 we can then all meet launch boats and b.s. and then we can blast off at 10:00 right after the tide turns over. We can then fish till 2:30. 4.5 hours in the cold should be good enough.

Jeff

Hey Jeff, what time are we going to meet at the dock?
Blackie,

Sorry Jeff, and everyone puter messing up, hate these things.
Blackie,
p.s got it.

I found page 2! Lol. Meet/launch times are good with me. Mike, Im going to be around the pits friday to get bait and fish. Cant make it Saturday, have to work.
Bill

"Instead of team we could do payout as top boater, top non-boater, and big fish."

Wouldnt we then need to make it a "individual catch" tourney? I like the idea of a team "best haul" style. Maybe we can handicap Ego somehow...like a 1/2 lb per lb increase of his gross haul weight? Say his 5 fish limit is 10lbs...add 5 more lbs to make his gross 15.

Look at like this Ego...You'll make the most money if you do win!

Hey, no handicapping! A tournament for bass in January is handicap enough for us all. I say we keep it simple like we originally planned. Best weight of up to 5 per boat wins. Ego fishes ALOT, but you and I have never fished with him. Whos to say he doesnt catch fish but him? He could be sandbaggin'. He said he can get a non-boater if he wants. You guys are talking 5 fish limits and I'm saying anyone who catches even one fish will win the whole thing. Lets keep this simple. No offense Mike, I just want to win as much as you do.
Bill

LOL Guys I don't think ya'll need to worry about me winning, if I catch a single fish I will be super-impressed :)

If I catch one over 12" I will just flat out be in denial :)

I probably won't fish a lot of these if we keep the price at 20 bucks b/c I'm a poor starving bum, I could use that money to keep gas in the boat lol...but I will join in on this one just to meet you guys. :)

O.K. I have given this a lot of thought and here is my final decision on how this will run. We will go with $20 per boat plus $5 per person for a big fish pot( this $5 is optional). Payout goes to top team and to big fish (if in that pot). I thought about the handicapping idea that Randy had but since it is always kind of debateable wether it is better to have a partner or not in these things decided not to go that route. Having said that the main purpose for this get together is to have all of us meet so the money is just to make it interesting that is why I decided on winner take all (of course donations back to the site will be accepted ). Also I would like to have these get togethers be to try and get others involved in the site so if Mike is o.k. with it, and if anyone knows someone that is into fishing but has not been to our site and would like to fish this T this may be a good chance to get them involved by putting them in Mike's empty seat.

Jeff