Veterans Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Voice of Democracy Speech

Don't get me wrong;I think that your scholarship program is wonderful,but I think that this years theme was a poor choice. I am finding it extremely difficult to write a creative and meaningful speech while still remaining sincere. I do not plan on entering the contest, but I am still required to write and perform the speech for my junior English class. I want to write a great speech about how I demonstrate my freedoms, but it won't be original and interesting. As a high school student, i spend half of my time in school, where we are taught that we don't have the freedom of: speech, press, assembly,or any other right that is protected in the Bill of Rights (with the exception of the freedom of religion). I just don't know what I am going to write about. It needs to be sincere, but I don't really demonstrate my freedoms because most of the time i am not allowed to exercise them. I know what you are probably thinking,"you demonstrate your freedom through the choices that you make everyday." But who is going to want to hear me give a speech on my freedom to choose which pair of socks I'll wear today. I understand that this posting is a way that I demonstrate my freedom, but that is exactly why I am doing it.