Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feedback needed: Mentoring program

It's probably a bit early just yet, but I'd like to get feedback about the possibility of using AirlineProjectManager.com to facilitate an informal mentoring program.

Two of our stated aims are 1) to use the network to build relationships between members, and 2) to jump-start members in professional development venues. A mentoring program would seem to fit. We could connect those who are experienced in our core skill areas (planning, projects, quality) with those who are looking for new ideas, skills, or opportunities in these areas.

What do you think of the idea, and would you consider participating as either mentor or mentee? Understand we're looking for concepts here, not commitments. Let's talk about it --

Re: Feedback needed: Mentoring program

I think mentoring is a terrific idea. I would be willing to volunteer as either a mentor or a mentee.
We all have so much to learn from one another.

I like this idea. I would enjoy having a mentor.

Judy & Moifair, thanks for the feedback. How would you like to see this played out on the web site? It wouldn't be hard to do a small database of potential mentors & mentees, with data captured from forms in a new area of the site. What would be your thoughts and suggestions?

I'd be happy to act as an online mentor, if the time difference is not an issue!

Regards

Meraj