Message Board

Please Put Surnames in Subject Line

Cavan Genealogy
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thomas K. Wilson and Elizabeth Thompson of Co. Cavan

Hi there,

I am looking for any information on Thomas K. Wilson (1830-1862) and his wife Elizabeth Thompson (1830-ca.1901). They immigrated to the United States approx. 1862 with their four sons Andrew (b.1853), Edward (b. 1854), William (b. 1855), and Thomas Keewatin Wilson (b. 1861).

Thomas K. Wilson Sr. died at sea and Elizabeth and the boys continued from New York up to Quebec, Canada where they resided in the Low, Quebec area for many years. Elizabeth remarried to William Maxwell in Quebec.

I am trying to trace my roots in Ireland and would love if someone could share some information with me.

I would be more than willing to share any information I have on the Canadian end of the family. :)

Robin Dudgeon

Re: Thomas K. Wilson and Elizabeth Thompson of Co. Cavan

Robin

There are two possible items on http://www.rootsireland.ie/ which may be your family.

A THOMAS WILSON was baptised in 1829 at Knockbride Church of Ireland, and an ELIZABETH THOMPSON was baptised in 1832. I haven't worked out where ELIZABETH was baptised but the year was 1832.

There is a fee to view these items. Hopefully these will help and do let us know if your have found your family.

Joyce

Re: Thomas K. Wilson and Elizabeth Thompson of Co. Cavan

Hi Joyce,

Thanks very much for the tip. I did print out both of the birth records and a marriage record for who i believe to be Thomas' parents John Wilson and Jane Ferguson but I'm not totally sure they are my ancestors. I would have to find a marriage record or immigration record which I have not been able to find.

But I am hopeful these are the ones! :)