Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
Jim
Ct. Valley Tobacco Museum
Today Duane Adams explained his history at the Conn. Valley Tobacco Museum to Chris, Bob Howard, Bob Lavezzoli and I. Having no idea of the farming process the displays and descriptions offered by Duane were very interesting. As a place largely in Connecticut history...
Views: 3   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2024 1:50pm
by Jim
Woodstock cruise at woodland park and Hemmings cruise nights
The first cruise at woodland park will be on Sunday June 23rd 9-11:30. Misprint on the previous message.
Views: 29   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 29, 2024 4:57pm
by Gary
Rallye for a Cure
Bill, Linda and Jack Wright organized another fine event for the benefit of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation today. I didn't set my odometer but we had many miles of enjoyable cruising through eastern Connecticut up to the Thompson Speedway. A delicious lunc...
Views: 23   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 11, 2024 4:26pm
by Bill Wright
BBTS '24
Wow! Another mighty fine day for our "British by the Sea", possibly a record setter? I heard 350+ cars, etc, registered. Again, a hearty WELL DONE go out to Steve and Annie for their planning, the set-up crew for getting the show field ready, the field workers for gu...
Views: 24   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2024 5:13pm
by MARVIN D STUART
Cardones and Daughters
A nice day for drive in the "A" to another treat at Caldone and Daughter's gathering of many different cars. Many CTMGer's there as well. Thanks go out to Caldone and Daughters for the event. Marv.
Views: 31   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2024 5:23am
by MARVIN D STUART
MGA fuel Gauge
Does anyone out there know someone who either rebuilds the MGA fuel gauge or has one for sale? I have burnt out two sending units from this gauge. Thanks for any information. Cecilia Bruce does not have one or know of a repair shop for them.
Views: 68   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2024 8:30am
by Bill Wright
Woodstock cruise at woodland park and Hemmings cruise nights
The first cruise at Roseland Park in Woodstock Ct. will be on the Sat.June 23rd from 9AM to 11:30AM. The Hemmings cruise nights in Bennington Vt will be, May 16th June 20th, July 18th, Aug.15th and Sept 12th.4-8PM
Views: 59   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2024 12:22pm
by Grant Legare
Jamestown Run '24
Wow! Another mighty fine Jamestown Run. Tho' a bit cool to start, turned into a very nice day for a picnick on the lawn overlooking the bay. About a dozen or so cars, mostly MGs, made the hour or so drive, pit-stop included, ending at Beavertail Park for walks to the...
Views: 22   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2024 7:58am
by MARVIN D STUART
C&C @ Ed's place!
A very nice gathering of Friends and cars at Ed's cars and coffee yesterday. A fine day for a run in the "A" as well. Thanks again to Ed and all for the happening. Marv.
Views: 21   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 3, 2024 10:44am
by Gary
Middlesex Lunch
Well, a bit chilly out, but a nice showing of MG's at Bob,s last Middlesex lunch at the "Landing at Main". We'll be back in October. Thanks again, Bob, for your efforts, Marv. (And many others!)
Views: 46   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 23, 2024 5:19am
by MARVIN D STUART
mgb stock exhaust manifold
I am looking for a stock exhaust manifold for a mgb dual carb set up.
Views: 24   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2024 8:08am
by Grant Legare
Junk logs
I purged the junk today 3/6/24. Ai is logging in to do this. I am working on some layers of protection to be added. Please email me straight away if there are more nuisance topics and I will manually delete them.
Views: 85   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 21, 2024 4:16am
by Bill Wright
Middlesex Lunch
Another fine day last Sunday. A good run in the TD, good soup, and wonderful MG folk to shoot the bull with. Thanks again, Bob for arranging all. Marv.
Views: 32   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 22, 2024 6:00am
by Gary
New London Group Change of Command
A Change of Command ceramony was held at the Groton Townhouse Tuesday evening. Outgoing leader-of-the-group, Master Jack, was informally relieved by Master George. A hearty "well done" to Jack and a hearty welcome to George for volunteering. Thanks, Marv.
Views: 23   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2024 6:12am
by MARV STUART
NLON Group gathering
Quite a crowd the other evening for dinner and talk, about thirty or so, I'd say. And we welcomed a new couple now residing in Mystic, the Keachs and their '52TD. And nicer days are coming! Marvin.
Views: 66   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 22, 2024 3:04pm
by Gary
Jamestown run
The date for the Jamestown run is the 11th of May. The club calendar is showing the 4th.
Views: 94   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 20, 2024 5:56am
by MARV STUART
Middlesex Lunch
Altho a bit on the FREEZING side, a very good turnout for Bob's Middlesex lunch yesterday. Always a nice crowd of wonderful people. Thanks again, Bob, we all appreciate it. Marv. (maybe trains next month)
Views: 98   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 19, 2024 5:54am
by MARV STUART
Wings at Bidwells
Another enjoyable evening at Bidwells with our wonderful friends. Thanks go out again to Sue and John for making it happen. Marv.
Views: 63   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 30, 2024 2:22pm
by Gary
Merry Christmas
Andrea and I wishing all a Very Merry Christmas and a safe and enjoyable New Year, all year!!!! Marv.
Views: 45   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2024 2:25pm
by Gary
Middlesex Lunch
Well, a slightly wettish drive in "Ol Blu" down to Bob's Middlesex lunch today, but getting together with friends is worth the trip. Thanks again, Bob, and maybe next month we can make it to the model railroad event. Marv.
Views: 39   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 19, 2023 3:51pm
by Gary
Middlesex Lunch
A nice day for a Sunday run in the TD for lunch at Bob Howard's Middlesex lunch at Landing at Main in Deep River . Thanks for an always fine gathering of people and MGs and looking forward to the next one. Marv Stuart
Views: 32   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 23, 2023 6:41am
by MARV STUART
Eds cars and no-coffee event
A hearty thanks to Ed Cook for having his first (?) cars and no-coffee event. A really nice turnout on a most beautiful day. Hope to do it again, Marvin.
Views: 47   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 19, 2023 5:41am
by Gary
g
Grant
Portugese soup day
Up date to soup day. Soup day has been moved back to Oct. 28th. We will leave Gus's Pizza at noon for a short run approx. 1 hour.Anyone not wanting to make the run or if the weather is not good people can come to the house at 1oclock.
Views: 99   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 29, 2023 1:36pm
by MARV STUART
The Kitzhof Run of 2023
Another good run up to the Kitzhof Inn. The usual; breakfast at the Mug & Muffin, pit stop at Yankee Candle, ice cream and a bridge of flowers walk in Sheldon Falls, and on up to the Inn in West Dover. Saturday after breakfast, another nice run over to Man of Kent fo...
Views: 100   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 2, 2023 5:37pm
by MARV STUART
j
Jim
Neville Tour
Once again, Neville and Sue guided a group of Triumph"s and MG's through the north west corner of Connecticut on a delightful tour with perfect weather. New roads for us, new acquaintances and a historic restaurant made for a pleasant early fall day. Thanks Neville a...
Views: 60   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2023 3:15am
by Jim
j
Jim
Ice cream run
Chris and I attended the last published 2023 season MG club ice cream run along with Mark and Jennifer. A minimal attended group with clearing weather after afternoon rain, we enjoyed Mark and Jennifers stories of their Canadian MGB tour and beyond. Looking forward t...
Views: 80   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2023 1:48pm
by Jim
j
Jim
Triumph Wickham Park Gathering
Just home from the 2023 Triumph Wickham Park program. A little damp on the return trip but a very nice program put together by the Triumph club. Thanks to their efforts!
Views: 59   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 13, 2023 9:30am
by MARV STUART
Ice Cream Run
Another mighty fine evening for a run for ice cream, meeting up with a good number of MGs and occupants. A bit chilly returning home but invigurating for the MGA. Thanks again to the club for scheduling, looking forward to the next one. Marv and Andrea.
Views: 96   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2023 1:48pm
by MARV STUART
g
Grant
Portugese soup day
Soup day will be on Oct. 21st this year, subject to change but only by one weekend either way.
Views: 111   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 15, 2023 11:33am
by MARV STUART
Belltown event
Grant in his B and I in my TD had a nice drive to Haddem Neck for the Belltown event yesterday. A group of other CTMG members were there as well, enjoying the shade. Always a very nice event, plenty of cars of all makes. And, of course, ice cream on the return.
Views: 92   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 8, 2023 7:38am
by Grant
Cars and Coffee at Abingdon Spares
Thanks to all who attended our latest Cars & Coffee July 8th. It is always great to see a good turnout of interesting cars and people at these get togethers. Abingdon Spares is always glad to host these informal events. It really is the people, not the cars, that mak...
Views: 106   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 26, 2023 1:45pm
by Gary
Ice Cream Run
National Ice Cream month, a nice evening for an MG drive, or just a liking for ice cream? Any excuse, plus, as always, great CTMG folk to meet up with. Thanks again for another mighty fine CTMG event, Marv and Andrea.
Views: 50   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2023 6:03am
by MARV STUART
Abingdon Spares C&C
Once again, thanks go out to Ed and Martin for another nice Abington Spares C&C. Also noted a was a very strange "Back to the Future" looking machine piloted by our own Mr. Matt. (cool little car, Matt). Anyway, enjoyed the run and the people, looking forward to anot...
Views: 53   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2023 8:28am
by Ed Cooke
j
Jim
Rally up the Rideau
Annie and Steve held a fine tour from Kingston Ontario to Ottawa. along the Rideau lock system. This is a working historic waterway used by pleasure boats to travel from the St Laurence seaway to Ottawa. Kept in remarkable good condition the historic locks continue t...
Views: 119   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 7, 2023 4:20pm
by Steve
BBTS
Another mighty fine event, enjoyed by all as far as I could see. Well done to all. Marvin.
Views: 80   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2023 5:02pm
by Marv Stuart
Jamestown Run
Another outstanding event, that is normally trail bossed by Grant and regulated by right hand lady Pam, but this year led by fill-in Gary due to Grants knee surgury. A 9 am departure brought about ten cars of various breed, mainly MG, through some back-type roads, wi...
Views: 84   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 21, 2023 10:15am
by Gary & Kelly
Cars & Coffee @ Abingdon Spares
Big shout out to the guys from Abingdon Spares for another wonderful turnout for Cars & Coffee Saturday. It was nice to see so many friends out driving their LBCs!
Views: 94   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 23, 2023 5:36am
by Marv Stuart
Jamestown run
This years JamesTown run will be on the 13th of May. We will meet at Gus's Pizza on the corner of Rt 117 and 184 in Groton We will depart at 09:00 for JamesTown.We will do a picnic again this year instead of a restaurant. Hope to see you there.
Views: 141   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 23, 2023 4:29am
by Gary & Kelly
Middlesex Lunch
Wow, a really good attendance at Bob's end-of-season Middlesex lunch at Landing at Main Sunday. Looking forward to the fall issue. Guess we'll have to find something else to do on the third Sunday of the months ahead. Thanks again ,Bob, much appreciated. Marv (and ma...
Views: 57   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2023 1:05pm
by Marv Stuart
FREE MGB!!!!!!!
I was just contacted (Sunday 22) by a fellow in Waterford Ct. He is selling his property in Waterford CT. that has his 1977 MGB on it. The car has been sitting outside and has not been started for a few years. He is offering the car FOR FREE! He would like the car re...
Views: 118   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 25, 2023 6:10pm
by Gary
Middlesex Lunch
Quite a few folks decided to Land at Main yesterday for Bob Howards always mighty fine Middlesex Lunch. A fine time was had. Thanks again, Bob.
Views: 82   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 25, 2023 6:06pm
by Gary
Wings at Bidwells
Another mighty fine evening at Bidwells. Great wings, a tasty porter, and pleasent conversation with friends. Thanks again to Sue and John, much appreciated by all. Marv.
Views: 87   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 18, 2023 12:14pm
by Jim
Middlesex Lunch
Another coolish drive in 'ol Blue up Deep River way for Bob Howard's Middlesex group lunch at Landing at Main eatery. Always a good time. Thanks again, bob, we all appreciate it, Marv.
Views: 62   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2023 12:17pm
by MARVIN D STUART
A nice Holiday time
Andrea and I enjoyed a nice Christmas, a couple of unnessary birthdays, and a New Years day, happy so far. Happy New Year to all, Marv.
Views: 114   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 2, 2023 2:29pm
by Jim
g
Gary
Happy New Year!
2023 promises to be a great year for our LBCs!
Views: 64   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 1, 2023 7:20am
by Gary
Middlesex Lunch
A nice day for a drive in ol' Blue yesterday to the Middlesex lunch at Landing at Main. And a nice turnout of members with their MGs in the parking lot. Thanks, Bob, for another one and looking forward to the next. Marv.
Views: 93   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 19, 2022 11:57am
by MARV STUART
Middlesex tech session
Not a bad day (tho a bit chilly) for a run in the TD down to Bob Lavazolli's nice comfy heated garage for the first Middlesex tech session. Always a nice and enjoyable learning experience, and with coffee and donuts to top it off!! Thanks, Bob, looking forward to the...
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2022 5:33pm
by MARV STUART
j
Jim
Neville Tour
Unexpected but appreciated weather yesterday initiated "the last seasonal tour" by Neville and Sue. A very nice coastal ride, and then along Lake Quomapaug to the Stewards of The Land Brewery was a pleasant afternoon jaunt with a group of Conn. MG and Triumph club me...
Views: 124   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 7, 2022 7:26am
by Jim
g
Grant
Portugese soup day
Additional info for soup day. You can bring a dish if you want, dessert salad etc. also please RSVP to my e-mail address. glegare1971@yahoo.com. Thanks
Views: 142   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 31, 2022 5:28am
by MARV STUART
g
Gary
Abingdon Spares Cars and Coffee
Thank you to Ed and Martin Cook again for a great Cars & Coffee. We counted 36 cars at one point today. The weather was absolutely beautiful for top down motoring. Gary and Sarah
Views: 98   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 16, 2022 7:07am
by jim
1 2 3 4 5
Free Forum powered by Bravenet