Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Guys...so i am not the only one!

Hi . I am reem ,21 years old. 4 years ago i started to suffer from muscle stiffness in my feet and huge cramps.i always said to myself that everyone has cramps its a normal thing.but then with time i realized that its not a normal thing happening to me. I only can wear uggs and birkens because it feel comfortable and i will be sure it will not cause cramps for me.i went to many doctors for 6 months and no1 knew whats happening with this girl! Does she has psycho problems? It hurts so much or even some friends does not understand what i feel during cramps and stiffness. And then i went to a the american university of beyrouth medical center where a doctor recognized my problem...i made a muscular biopsy and waiting for the results .. Any comments ? Thank you

Type of Myotonia: Myotonia congenita

Re: Guys...so i am not the only one!

Reem, are you able to get DNA testing? They almost never do muscle biopsies any more because they are usually inconclusive when you have MC. Did you have an EMG? That's the first step to diagnosing myotonia, but it won't tell you which type.

Is the stiffness just in your legs and feet? Those are usually the worst for us but it can also affect hands, face, abdominal muscles, etc. I hope you get some results soon. It's great to finally know what is wrong and that you're not crazy :-)

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's