Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: strength and stamina

John, diphantoine is seldom prescribed any more for MC. Mexiletine is the preferred medication, and some of the others are acetazolamide, carbamazepine, lamotrigene and flecainide. You might want to have your pharmacist see if there is any type of program for the Mexitil to help cover the payment, and if not maybe you can file an appeal.

Potassium is in all fruits and vegetables. It's probably highest in bananas. But too much can worsen myotonia, so just try smaller amounts at first if you use a supplement.

I would give the Acetyl-L-Carnitine a try. It really helped my muscle strength and stamina. This is a link to Amazon.uk:
Acetyl-L-Carnitine

Jan

Type of Myotonia: Thomsen's

Re: strength and stamina

I shure hope the MDA-supported drug VBP15 steroids without side effects Makes it through the FDA trials,predisone worked so well for Me"Had to stop using it because of the side effects,I hope this drug VBP15 will be available in the next three years,and gets rid of My weakness along with so many others needs"

Type of Myotonia: BM