Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank You Fedex - NOT!!!

My C3 Detroit Mack C pumper arrived today. I new something was wrong when I set it down to open the box...something rattled...perhaps a mirror had jarred loose. After carefully opening the the box to inspect the damage, I found my brand new fire truck had been literely decapitated. Yes - DECAPITATED! The cab had actualy been knocked completely off the chassis and was rolling around the dome like a bowling ball taking everything in it's path with it!

What else could I do but laugh! Ya got to hand it to those FEDEX folks - they've got one heck of a sense of humor...

Re: Thank You Fedex - NOT!!!

Um..Jeff don't you mean "DECABITATED!!..." LOL!!
Chris

MA YBE CODE 3 SHIPPED IT OUT LIKE THAT,IT HAPPENED TO ME

DECABITATED!!!!!

:))]
Good one Chris - LMAO!

Rich -
You know I wondered about that. After all, I used the club discount special and then applied my rescue reward to it. So it only cost me about $11.00. But then I thought about it and figured that C3 would have to pay for return shipping and send a replacement. So they would loose money on the deal. I'm curious - what happened with your situation?

JEFF, the piece I remember, was a pumper, and when i got the rig the cab was off the frame, now this rig was packed in peanuts, and could have been dropped from 4 stories and still been cushioned. I put the cab back on as I did not want to go thru the hassel of returning it. remember shipping starts once the piece is assembled, and I am sure code 3 does not open every box, when they get a shipment in. so it can happen anytime from leaving the manufacturer to getting to your door. I have purchased over a 1,000 code 3, and that was the only one I ever had a problem with

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)