Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
corgi 2007

Volvo FL6-14 Water Ladder - Oxfordshire Fire Service AEC Turntable Ladder - Wiltshire Fire Brigade
Dennis F12 - Burnley Fire Brigade
Dennis F12 - Glasgow Fire Service
Ahrens Fox Piston Pumper Engine 50 - Boston
Mack L Open Cab Engine 22- Boston
Seagrave Sweetheart Pumper - Boston
ALF 700 Open Cab - Engine 8 Annandale Fire Department Fairfax County, VA
Peter Pirsch & Sons Sedan Cab Pumper - Memphis Fire Department
Peter Pirsch & Sons Open Cab Pumper - Waukesha Fire Department Waukesha, WI
Peter Pirsch and Sons CanopyCab Pumper - Milwaukee Fire Department Milwaukee, WI

Other series and some pictures on

http://www.modelenium.co.uk/models/categories.aspx?M=Corgi%202007&AFF=1006

Location: The Netherlands, the behind the ***** wooden shoe and grasscountry

Re: corgi 2007

Note that all of the 2007 range has been announced in one go, rather than two 6 month batches as previously. Preorders are advisable, as Corgi are now producing models in line with advanced demand, so there will be much less stock available after release compared to previous years.

Location: The Netherlands, the behind the ***** wooden shoe and grasscountry

Impatient to be on Monday to see all the new fire
models.... 3 Peter Pirsh it's wonderfull!!!

Patrick.

Wow! Some Boston rigs and Pirsch rigs, it doesn't get much better than that!

..and it's about time that their Corgi Toy Volvo pump tooling was put to use! (Last year's limited edition set release notwithstanding.)

mjl

I am glad to see another engine from Fairfax County and an engine from Milwaukee is long overdo.

John

Catalog is on line
http://www.corgi-usa.com/Media/press_releases/2007_Corgi.pdf

Very nice the real Peter Pirsh, hope they will do the models...

The Boston Mack L is not ver y accurate, don't know for the Seagrave and the Ahrens Fox.

Patrick.

Maybe....just maybe, in the future, that new Pirsch cab will be used for aerials.(tool up a Pirsch aerial ladder, use the Seagrave's trailer section with minor modifications, & the new cab...... I would be a very happy camper!!)

This is really good news. The Pirsch pumpers have a large potential and this company has almost been forgotten. Can't wait to have them in my display cabinet!

The company is also defunct, correct? e.g., no licensing costs!

mjl

Mike.....At the time Pirsch ceased operations, someone in the area bought the remainder of the operation, including the Pirsch name. I presume this included the Pirsch trademark, etc. I seem to remember that whoever bought the operation was selling the paperwork and fotos of individual rigs.

Concurr that Boston Mack is wayyyyyy off! Go to Firenews.org and click on Apparatus Listing then B for Boston to see a pic of the Mack and the other Boston rigs that will be reproduced. But the Mack is way off target. Hopefully these are all pre-pro photos and they get them right. Corgi has gotten better. I thought the Chicago Mack L was one of the best items they've produced.

Hopefully they can keep it going.

I noticed that the open cab Pirsch they will be doing is a model with "buck board" style cab....(no doors). I hope later issues include types with doors & open cab. I have a lot of potential uses for the Pirsch cab, but not doorless, or in sedan cab set up.

Last year, I sent photos of the Franconia (VA) VFD's 1937 International-based Pirsch pumper to the Yat Ming US rep after he responded to a posting I made on this board recommending it as a good future subject for Yat Ming. He asked about the trademark as well. I joined the Pirsch Yahoo Group to ask about it, figuring those were the experts. I received a couple of responses from the guy who others told me was the guru of these things, and the upshot of it was that he also believed someone had purchased the company name (I believe a fire apparatus enthusiast) some time ago, but could not provide any contact info. If Corgi has been able to obtain a license or rights to use the name, I hope Yat Ming can find out from them who they contacted. If they're just using it on the assumption that if the company is defunct, the name must be as well, then I suppose Yat Ming can see if anything happens to Corgi. I would hope that the enthusiast who owns the name would want to see the company's products in model form...

Guys...

There is no listing of Pisch in the US Trademark records.

http://www.uspto.gov/

Dick,

I saw the piece you are referring to this past weekend when Station 5 had their open house. That rig is purely CLASSIC! Would love to see it replicated.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)