Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Athearn Mack B pumpers in 1/87 scale coming in May

Go to the 1-87 Vehicle Club website to check out the Athearn Mack B pumpers coming this May.

Re: Athearn Mack B pumpers in 1/87 scale coming in May

Initial reports indicate the model is based on a Radnor, PA rig. Checking Radnor's website, there is a Mack B pumper pictured,and the bodywork appears to duplicate the Athearn "sketches", but the actual truck is open cab!!!

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Great looking prototype, though.

My guess would be, since they are a model R/R company & not into doing "replicas," the closed cab is the "best" for multiple uses. I would also guess that if enough sales rack up, an open cab may be in the future.(but then again, I'm still waiting for the 1/50 Ford C rescues...... & hopefully the 1/87 Mack Bs will grow into 1/50 as well.)

Where on the website is it? I couldnt find it.

They are here:

http://www.1-87vehicles.org/New%20Products/08_jan.php

This was a fairly long time coming compared to some of the others from Athearn.

Jeff

For your information, Athearn has also announced another (version) release for the Ford/Gerstenslager Rescue Truck...only this time in 'N' scale!

Hopefully, the 1/50th scale version will be forthcoming...but no mention of that yet...but the more people who write & e-mail Athearn about it, the more chance we'll have of actually seeing it.

The announcement of the 'N' scale version was a complete surprise...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

These have been pushed back to early September, along with the Mack B rescues, according to the Athearn and Horizon Hobby websites. Not sure if this is due to the earthquake in China or some other unforseen circumstances.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)