Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Surprise find--1/64 Scale Wyoming Highway Patrol Charger

Surprise find today at a local K-Mart. Green Light Collectibles 2006 Dodge Charger marked for Wyoming HP.

Here's a link from their site. Nicely done model for $3.59

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/?q=products&page=32&catid=5&scaleid=4&prodid=375

It also lists "Michigan" as another Charger release and their is a pic of the MI car on the site, but they must have changed things around b/c the only MI Charger I found that was part of Series 5 with an all black Charger with MI plates. The packaging on the model calls it out as "Michigan 2006 Charger."

Anyway, nice little cars--the all black one would be a perfect one to customize or leave as an unmarked.

Re: Surprise find--1/64 Scale Wyoming Highway Patrol Charger

These have been out for a couple of months. But they are just getting to the saturation point that makes them easy to find. Target has been the best source for the cars.

There is indeed a Michigan State Police version. It is quite nice with a slick top. It is missing the hood sign. But then so is every other one in this scale.

I hope they continue to release others. A blank white version would be fantastic. But I know Dodge is pretty strict on what gets done. That is why the HO scale Rickos don't have a blank version.

Jeff

Now that they're showing up in stores maybe more online retailers will carry them. At least one retailer who specializes in police cars told me he wasn't buying them because when they were first released they were only available as part of the set. I got mine from an eBay seller around January. Hey Jeff, while we're at it, where did that Johnny Lightning Auburn Police '59 Desoto come from? I just got it on eBay a week ago, but it came without a box and I hadn't seen it in stores or even heard about it before seeing it a couple of times on eBay. Any idea if it's accurate for Auburn (Alabama?) in 1959?

I can't remember off the top of my head which release it was in. It is either the Road Trip or the Classic Gold. I will have to check. I think it is for Auburn IN. JL was based in Indy until sold to RC/Ertl and that is the home of the Auburn/Cord/Dusenburg museum.

Jeff

I haven't seen this particular model locally yet, but if it's like the other "Green Light" pieces labeled as 1/64, it isn't. Most of their pieces, like Jada, are far larger than 1/64.

I saw the JL Desoto a while back & thought it would make a great fire chief's "buggy" had it actually been 1/64 & not far too small.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)