Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ebay phishing warning

Bought a couple of items off Ebay in the past week. Since then I have gotten 2 phishing emails saying my account information was illegally accessed and another saying my account was blocked because of expired information. Both had the infamous "click here to login."

I forwarded both emails to Ebay, but just a heads up to you guys not to click on any links in these emails!! They will take you to a fraudulent site and when you log in there, the real nightmare will begin.

Just a heads up!

Re: Ebay phishing warning

You are lucky, I get about 30 a week, you only have to read them to realize they are hinkey, things like, your name is included to prove its genuine, but my name is not anywhere to be see.
it also says this was sent when the listing was active, althought you can clearly see the end date was a month ago.
Also, it always has 2 different ebay screen names, like quiltstitcher has a question, then at the bottom, it will say itsybitsy spider is a prospective buyer.
Anyway, if everyone has the right security, if you do click on any of the tabs, you should get the fraudulant website page come up, as ebay and people like norton, are hot on this.
Thanks John.

Whenever you get anything that you think is suspicious, just forward it to: spoof@ebay.com and they will send you an aknowledgement and investigate it.

The problem with these types of email is our Justice Department never does anything about them. These pepole have to accumulate thousands of complaints, and maybe they'll receive a penalty/fine which is 1/10th what our inefficient government spends to prosecute, and 1/10,000th of what they scamed from the public.

Judge Roy Bean had it right. Hang the *******s for the first offense (or track them down and remove their hands so they'll have to wait until a passable voice activated keyboard is invented to ply their trade in the future).

This county would be safer if all Felony convictions resulted in execution.

I used to send all these phishing e-mails to eBay but they never do anything about them because I keep getting them from the same idiots. eBay just sends you an e-mail lecturing you on the perils of phishing - as if you didn't know that (if not, why would you send them the fake e-mail in the first place - duhhh?). Once I asked them what they'd done about one bozo and they said they couldn't tell me because of some silly privacy reason or other (if someone is trying to use their site for nefarious purposes, seems to me he or she forfeits any rights to privacy). After forwarding scores of these things and getting no response or apparent action, I've pretty much given up unless I come across a really good one. Now I just delete them.

Any message from E-Bay will be in your in box, within your E-Bay account. If e-mail received isn't matched in your account, it's BS.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)