Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE AMERICAN LAFRANCE EAGLE HAS RISEN FROM THE ASHES

THE COURT APPROVED ALFS REORGANIZATION.ALLOWING IT TO COME OUT OF CHAPTER 11.CHECK THE ALF SITE ,CLICK ON NEWS FOR THE STORY . THIS IS GREAT NEWS,BUT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY MAY FACE TOUGH TIMES WITH THE WAY OUR ECONOMY IS . I SEE A GREAT FUTURE IN REHABS IF THINGS GET MUCH WORSE

Re: THE AMERICAN LAFRANCE EAGLE HAS RISEN FROM THE ASHES

I'm a big ALF fan, but it's a little premature to proclaim ALF a viable operation with numbers like this:

"The reorganized company will be responsible for paying back another $28 million in debt. All told, the company owes unsecured creditors $85 million, according to its Jan. 28 bankruptcy filing."

http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/may/24/lafrance_gets_ok_exit_bankruptcy42091/

See Southport / Elmira, NY for reference.

How about all the fire departments that put down deposits, the independent service centers that are owed big $$$, the dealers that haven't been paid their commissions?? I hope ALF gets back into production, but the jury's still out....

WHEN ALL THIS STARTED ALOT OF PEOPLE SAID THEY WERE THROUGH,AND GAVE UP ON THEM.THEY GOT A BAD BREAK BUT MADE THE MOST OF IT.NOW THAT THEY ARE ON THIER OWN THEY SHOULD BE OKAY. THEY HAVE BEEN BUILDING RIGS THE PAST MONTH OR SO ,WITH MANY OF THEM ALREADY DELIVERED .THIS OUTCOME WILL NOT PLEASE EVERYONE, BUT THE JUDGE SEEN FIT TO APPROVE THIER REORGANIZATION.MANY DEPARTMENTS WAITED TO SEE HOW THIS TURNED OUT ,AND NOW WILL ORDER THIER RIGS .THEY DESERVE A CHANCE.AND THEY ARE GETTING IT .THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WILL FACE A CHALLANGE WITH THE WAY OUR ECONOMY IS .WE LOST TOO MANY GREAT FIRE APPARATUS BUILDERS ,I FOR ONE KNOW THEY WILL MAKE IT AND THEY DESERVE THAT CHANCE TO PROVE IT .ALOT OF RUMORS WERE FLYING , MOST OF THEM WERE LIES OR BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION. LETS GIVE THEM THE OPORTUNITY TO PROVE THEMSELVES .WE ALL DESERVE A 2ND CHANCE

I, too, hope they make it.

As the author of the first 4 Iconographics books on American LaFrance (700 Series, Volumes I and II, 700 & 800 Series, and 900 Series), I've got a lot more books to write on this company before the final curtain comes (all the way) down!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)