Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Finally - A I H Travelall fire piece

http://ghscollectibles.com/store/page1.html

3 rd from bottom

Re: Finally - A I H Travelall fire piece

That's a very nice piece, but I wish someone at First Gear would convince them to replace that dinky little dome light with a no kidding replica of a Beacon Ray. They've been using that thing for years on all their emergency vehicles and it's pathetic. Looks more like one of those little lights the Europeans used to use before they discovered lightbars.

Re: Finally - A I H Travelall fire piece

The dome light they used on the B Model Mack Pumper (both closed cab and open cab) is the one they should have gone with.

When I did the L Model Mack for Bethpage, NY, I had them take the siren off the roof and replace it with that same light (from the B Model Mack)...and it looked great, as that's the actual light Bethpage had on the roof of their 1943 Mack Pumper.

If you TELL First gear what you want, they WILL change it...but you have to be extremely and very specific as to what you want and where you want it...

Otherwise, you get exactly what you're talking about on this post...and just think what they COULD do if they had someone on their staff to talk with or knew something about emergency vehicles...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)