Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What was I Thinking??????????????????

Yes, just slap me. I made the error of reading the dreaded C3 Whats Not New. Blaa Blaa Blaa, then a mention that two Military ARFFs would follow. Of course no other details. Like what's the big secret? Do they stay up a night thinking of ways not to actually say anything? Well, I am happy to see that some ARFFs will be issued (as purchasing Titans on ebay is very cost prohibitive), but it would likely be the Oshkosh, and at $ 70 a pop.

Re: What was I Thinking??????????????????

Chuck,

I'm willing to bet we will see the camo T3000 because of the posts here and on the lucrative sale on eBay.

If you need some Oshkoshes, LMK i can help out with left over stock. Already red and cheap.

I wish I had the Vancouver Titan as I really need the Ontario.

Jeff

Jeff, I concur that these will probably be Oshkosh in desert camo. If so, they'll end up liquidating most. However, Titan will probably sell out.

Chuck and Jeff,
Boy, are the two of you a pair, pair of what?? Never
mind. I think I have those two pieces you are looking
for, but, its too late for this old geezer to climb a
ladder in my office to look. Call me AFTER 1 p.m.
tomorrow @352-750-4765 and I may be able to help you
out.
Ronbo

I can't say I am too exited. It will be a similar release to what they have done in the past, only now it will cost you four times as much.

I dont see what you are worried about Joe, think of the poor sucker who paid $400 for one on ebay a few months ago, for a prototype one, and he got no box/case or certificate !!!!!

By the way, for those who care, this will not be the first time Code 3 Collectibles produces a Military rig. The produced both a HEMMTT and Heavy Oshkosh Cargo truck in resin, painted olive drab several years ago. Trucks did not have interiors, or clear windows, and were sold on the Oshkosh Copmpany site.

Mike Adams converted one of the cargo trucks for Lime Guy in what I believe were CDF colors.

And I did one of the Code 3 resin HEMTTs as a red brush truck as well for Antonelli.

I got both military Oshkosh models from Code 3, both almost completly resin. And bought the Oshkosh in military too on Ebay. Nice couple of models, hope there are coming more.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)