Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What was the name of the company that did the model brush trucks a few years ago?

Hello

Does any have the name of the company that did the small diecast brush trucks a few years. I know they sold all kind of brush equipment and trucks. We would like to see if we can get them to be a vender at our county training weekend this year. I would very much appreciate any help.

Thanks
John

Re: What was the name of the company that did the model brush trucks a few years ago?

I'm not positive but this may be the company your looking for: www.wildfiremfg.com

Stay Safe,

Bob

Re: What was the name of the company that did the model brush trucks a few years ago?

If the white metal kit you are looking for is Wildfire, then its better to make a direct call and ask for the specific kit. You can get a complete truck, but the kit is easy to build. They actually produce full size vehicles, but the owner is a nice fellow, and is into modeling.

Just primer, then paint parts. Very little simple construction is required. Here are a couple shots my version, using a CXT cab, and Code 3 Oshkosh wheel sets on brass axle tubes for off-road list.

6D. FDFF CXT 4X4 BRUSH RIG

6E. FDFF CXT 4X4 BRUSH RIG

6F. FDFF CXT 4X4 BRUSH RIG

Unpainted kit on painted cab:

1B. FDFF CXT 4X4 BRUSH RIG

I think you're referring to the "Boley" line of trucks?? They made several different types of brush rigs, water tenders, crew transport trucks, etc. Several versions of each in CDF, USFS, and BLM colors. You can still find almost all of them from on-line stores.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)