Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Response Premier Car Information

For those not on the Poliskar.org board, here is some information from FR about Premier cars:

The TAASRO car was a Premier project OF 312 PIECES done for The Alabama Association of School Resource Officers. It was my understanding these were for participants attending their annual conference this past June in Gulf Shores, Alabama. I have no idea if any are left.

We have quite a few Premiers coming on line later this summer. I'm well aware that collectors would like to be made aware of these releases. To fulfill this need and help those who commission Premier runs, we plan to feature each Premier on the First Response website including contact information for those desiring to purchase one. This has been well received by customers as it gives their sales the added support from the visibility of our website.

To date, two Premier runs have been delivered. The TAASRO Charger and Crown Vic for Kentucky Vehicle Enforcement. It is my understanding that both these were intended for internal use only and not for general sales to the public. When this is the case, I'll only show a photo of the car without contact information.

The vast majority of Premiers are usually available for public sale. When this is the case full information will be available. By August, the first of many planned Premiers will begin to arrive on a regular basis. We done artwork for dozens of departments thus far.

The first of these will be:

1. Chicago Crown Vic. For this project we created the current roof light and "Beat Tag" which is a small sign with number that mounts on top of the roof light. The individual doing this is a retired Chicago officer and wanted it done correctly so that's how we did it.

2. New York State Police Crown Vic. A really sharp model with lots of highly detailed tampo printing of details and other exacting accessories. New York has gone to a highly reflective 3M stripe. We sent a piece of the stripe to the vendor so it could be matched as close as possible. They did a nice job of making a shiny tampo that duplicates the affect. Available exclusively through Manny's Diecast.

3. Boca Raton Florida Crown Vic. Contact info TBA

4. Prince William County Virginia Crown Vic. Contact info TBA

5. Dallas, Texas Charger. Contact info TBA

6. Pennsylvania State Police: This series, dormant for a few years is now being continued. As was the case with the original series, these are being done exclusively for them and will not be made available to the public so watch for them on ebay later this year. Initially, two different vehicles will be offered.

First, an unpdated Crown Vic without numbers will come supplied with a comprehensive decal sheet enabling the application of a particular troop, station and car number. Second, their Dodge Magnums which are in each troop as A.I. units.

These are just a few of the many forthcoming releases.

** Also our website will soon offer a "Car of the Week" feature for those who build customs from First Response cars. We'll post a photo of the car and contact information.

Re: First Response Premier Car Information

Good info Jeff!!

Admittedly the world of fire collectibles has been stagnant of late and while I know most will argue PD cars are nothing be repaints, if done accurately, for 20 bucks a pop in this economy, it's something worth collecting.

Good on ya for keeping us diecast emergency collectors in the loop!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)