Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EBAY SCAM???

I've noticed lately there have been quite a few ebay autions where after I lost, the seller contacts me through ebay with a "Second Chance". Supposedly the high bidder has opted out. What I can't figure is how the seller knows that the high bidder has opted out, when only a couple of hours have passed since the end of the auction. To me it appears some schill is trying to get people to bid higher, and when that doesn't work, we see the "Second Chance" BS. I for one would rather see the seller repost the auction.

I'm keeping my own list, as ebay is totally useless when it comes to policing their own site (Gary Parrot for example).

Re: EBAY SCAM???

I've had that happen and the winning bid was higher than what I was going to pay. They came back with the second chance for my high bid. I kind of wondered about it. You mean you actually found a way to contact them.

Pete Mortensen

Re: EBAY SCAM???

Most times tis is a scam done by others than the seller. They are ghosting the sellers and then contact you in order to get your moneys. If it is a legit second chance offer it will be in your ebay messages and offers. The second chance offer should be for your last bid amount. This is a lot like the old dutch auctions.

I have purchased a couple of items via this method. The last time the seller wanted to go outside the system. I played nice with ebay and made him do it thru the system for both of our protection. I did offer him the additional fees in oder to do it legit.

Jeff

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)