Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchbox Pierce?

Last I heard, the Matchbox Pierce pumper is due out November/December time. I'm really looking forward this one, hoping that it is (close to?) 1/87th. A few mysteries, though:

-I've seen it described as both a Dash and as an Arrow XT. Which is it?

-It has been noted as one of their bubble-pack releases, but also as one of a special line of truck models coming out towards the end of the year, each measuring about 4 inches long. This would make a BIG bubble-packer, but would make it just about bang-on for HO. Anyone enlighten?

-For a model that close to anticipated release, I thought we might have seen an actual model shot, or at least a photo of the master, by now. Agree?

-(Just an aside) It would be nice indeed if, in '09 or 10, this would be followed up by a comparable quint. Any rumours?

(I'll bet someone a lunch that Jeff Webster responds to this. He's as fanatical about 1/87th as I am, or almost.)

Re: Matchbox Pierce?

OK John,

You got me. As far as the regular line model there have not been any photos of the model yet. I have been putting my bug in the ear of the Mattel/MB team to at least make the cab as close to 1/87 scale as possible. While I am hopeful my efforts have not gone in vain, I expect the corporate reality to make the cab somewhere in the 1/100 range. In terms of the model, I think it is an Arrow XT but we will have to wait and see.

On to the new for 2009 series. This has been described as a larger scale than past convoys but not a true 1/64 line. You are right that this would make it great for 1/87. Maybe this is where my nagging efforts have paid off. If they make it 1/87 they will come. Any other scales and only the MB collectors will go for it.

Jeff

From my understanding, aside from the Pierce engine in the 1-100, there will also be a ladder or quint in the new 4 inch line. I heard over on the Matchbox forum that this new line will make it's debut in December of this year.

Unlike recent generic ladder trucks that have been released in the 1-100, the 4 inch ladder will telescope and rotate, at least from my understanding.

Now we just need a new rescue, although even the Mack rescue would be nice if it were re-released again. The only time it has been used since MB made it's comeback have been famtasy non-fire related releases.

The illustration of the Pierce pumper on the MB page is actually a Saber. But I, too, read awhile back that the MB Pierce was going to be an Arrow XT.

They always leave the best ones for last, the ones we want the most. Guess we'll just have to wait until December.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)