Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New FBM Police & Ambulance UK models

For those intrested in UK police & ambulance models,

Fire Brigade Models have a new range of Ambulnace and Police MB Sprinter models in the Diecast Range.

www.firebrigademodels.net

2nd page via the site

Re: New FBM Police & Ambulance UK models

Those are great-looking models, thanks very much for posting the information. (Though I wish they were in 1:43rd instead of 1:50th as they'd fit with other police models.) Reminds me of the series of police Transit vans that CSM made 2 or 3 years ago. Those also were very well done, unfortunately, either because the prices were too high or the markings schemes were either not very eye-catching or quite similar to each other that it appears they didn't sell very well (several dealers had them on sale, British American Diecasts still has several at about half price). These, however, seem to have very interesting and different markings. Couldn't find any info at all about prices on their website - do you have to send them an e-mail to get the price? Also, their shipping costs overseas are similar to Code 3's in the other direction: 9 GBP (until recently about $18) to ship one model!!

Hi,

Currently FBM are the only site to have the models listed, as they are by FBM.

Im not sure on the price/postage but if you email paul/fbm he will let you know the current price and postage rate.

Im not 100% sure on the scale of the new models but i will see if i can find out (the diecast Fire Models are 1:50 (ie the Dennis Sabres, Scanias, MB Ategos))

Dick, the CSM models are very light, two weight not quite 600 grammes in their plastic cases, without any packing.
Here are most of what CSM did.

Hong Kong.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cambridgeshire, UK.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nottinhsmshire UK.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Northumbria UK

Photobucket

Met police Heathrow airport

Photobucket

Hertfordshire UK

Photobucket

Surrey UK

Photobucket

The finish on these models are not always perfect, the decals are waterslide I think, so problems with door handles and body seams, and when they want to do a different side window configuration, is done with card and painted the body-colour, I wonder how that will hold up over time.
Overall, I like them, , but I am easilt pleased.

Thanks for the photos, Pete. I have the London Met. Transit, as you said it's quite light for its size, but a nicely done piece.

I e-mailed Paul at Fire Brigade Models and he said the models are 1:43rd, not 1:50th, scale (that's good as they'll fit with other police models) and the cost is 25 GBP per model plus 7 GBP each to ship to the USA. I think I'll wait for the pound to get closer to where it used to be, but these are very nice-looking models. Paul said it's taken 3 years to get them.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)