Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yat-Ming Release?

Does anyone have any information as to when and if Yat-Ming will be releasing the next 1/24 scale Fire Engine and what will it be.

Re: Yat-Ming Release?

Reportedly, it's a 1927 American LaFrance Type 75 pumper. According to the Diecast Direct website, it's expected in the fourth quarter, 2008. However, usually well in advancew of release, we see pictures of both the mnodel and the prototype. I haven't seen anything like that yet.

I was thinking earlier today, wouldn't it be nice if Yat Ming got away from pumpers for at least one release, and offered us a nice 20's or 30's quad, for example?

Or a late-forties, early fifties Seagrave open-cab straight-frame aerial, 75 or 85 feet, with that neat waterfall grill. We know they can do ladders, there are European releases to prove it.

Also, I wonder if that '27 LaFrance will be offered in 1/43rd as well?

I like Yat-Ming's quality & price, but don't have room for larger scale pieces any more. I wish they would get into 1/50. I'm not big on 1/43.

John, I to would like to see a Quad or straight frame aerial truck. The 1/43 scale models are great but I prefer the larger models. They take up a lot of room but with my old eyes I can see details better.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)