Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hotwheels Squad 50 and Engine 51 (Fire Eater)

Were these two pieces inspired by the TV show EMERGENCY! Seems like it may be an obvious question. but was just wondering. I recently picked up the latest versions of the Fire Eater in Red and in Yellow. Both lettered as Engine "52"

Re: Hotwheels Squad 50 and Engine 51 (Fire Eater)

Most definitely inspired by Emergency. In fact the Fire Eater even had number 51 for the first 10 or so years.

I think it was for the 30th anniversary, HW did a show commemorative.

Jeff

I may be mistaken, but I believe back in the 70's these two Hot Wheel were packaged on a blister card that had images of the paramedics from EMERGENCY! on the front, as part of a series of vehicles related to the show.

I know that LJN had two vehicles from Emergency! on blister cards with photos from the show, but I've never seen anything like that from Hot Wheels. Hollywood-diecast.com pretty much has every diecast listed that has ever been produced for a TV show or movie, and there is no mention of something like that on the site either.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)